View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #13
Baker
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
haulout costs

Just hauled the boat today.....the paint looked fine. So it was just a quick haul. We did add some zincs so the grand total was a whopping $130!!!

We used Interlux Ultra w/Biolux 3.3 years ago and the paint looked absolutely fine. I come from the school of if there ain't anything growing, no need to paint. I don't see the sense in just painting for the sake of painting or because that is what the proprietary book says. Maybe it is that our area is a bit brackish and doesn't grow like most....who knows. But we will haul(quick?) again in the fall and see what's going on. 3 bucks a foot is awfully good insurance to take a look see!!!

Our main reason for hauling was due to the failed sale and the survey saying the strut was abnormally corroded. There was definitely something amiss so we will have to troubleshoot the bonding system. In the meantime, we attached some zincs to it. In the airline business we would call this a "watch item". Nothing unsafe about it....you just don't want it to get worse. I will post a new thread with pics to get the opinions of the forum....

And I would HIGHLY recommend spending the extra money on the best paint. *It was funny because my wife's boss was there and he asked how old the paint was and what kind we used....and he said whatever you used to use it again because he couldn't believe the condition of the paint after over 3 years....maybe it is because we use our boat a lot....who knows.

-- Edited by Baker on Monday 21st of February 2011 06:11:00 PM
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote