Yes or No 2004 ISLAND GYPSY 32 EURO SEDAN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gaston

Guru
Please talk me into buying it or not :) Im sitting on the fence 95% of the time there will only be my wife I and William the dog and he don't care what boat I have as long as he can come . Inland cruising maybe a 8 hour trip up the coast twice a year

Used 2004 ISLAND GYPSY 32 EURO SEDAN Boat For Sale - boatpoint.com.au[ISLAND%20GYPSY]%26%28%28%28SiloType%3DDealer%20used%20boats|SiloType%3DDealer%20new%20boats%29|SiloType%3DPrivate%20used%20boats%29|SiloType%3DDemo%20and%20near%20new%20boats%29%29%26Service%3DBoatsales%29&pso=0&pss=Premium

I see price "adjusting" in the right direction. I`ve been over the one on my marina, nice boat, a little tight in the salon (but I`m used to a 36), ideal for a couple, has an extra "room" on the FB, bigger boats, like Clipper/MT40 lack its separate head and shower. The Halvo/IG32 has been around a long while, a well sorted design,provided the build quality is good. Natural step up from the Cunard. Reading the advert, no separate freezer? You might want one out for a week or so, a Waeco or Engel would fix that.

Everybodys needs are different so you know best about yours.

The boat looks perfect in and of itself.

Perhaps the old real estate addage is in play... don't worry about getting into it - worry about getting out of it.

And then that last sentence in the ad has merit... classic design that does not age...

Gaston,
The Cummins engine is a plus
Is this to replace you're avatar boat?
Yes or no is mostly re the survey.

Yes.

I'm a huge fan of the IG-32. It ticks every single "must have" off of our list. A great couples cruiser IMO.

Nice boat at a good price. I'd go for it but then I may be a bit biased.

I HAD ONE FOR 8 YEARS AND LOVED IT. VERY HARD TO BEAT THIS 32 FOOTER FOR A COUPLE'S CRUISING VESSEL. :blush:

Nice looking boat. That's roughly 154k USD.
Only 650hrs on the engine.
Sounds like a good deal to me, you know you want it. Buy it.

Looks like a nice boat, depending as usual on the outcome of marine and mechanical surveys. One of our YC members has one, very nice.

I didn't quite see in the pics how full engine access works... but hopefully that's easy.

Around here, it would be common to see a bimini mounted and likely attached to that arch, with removable (or otherwise open-able) "clears" forward and on the sides... probably even aft... so the flying bridge becomes another more usable space even in rain or moderately cool temps.

How is it different from what you've got? Your avatar pic looks pretty much the same...

-Chris

Last edited:
"How is it different from what you've got? Your avatar pic looks pretty much the same... "

I was thinking the same.
Present boat looks charming .. IG looks nice.
What is the present boat like?

Which might be a good deal IF the owner followed Da Book on taking the engine out of service for long periods.

Could be a smoking horror if some one went and turned it on for 1/4 hour every week.

Inland cruising maybe a 8 hour trip up the coast twice a year.
The boat seems reasonable enough, and I know prices are high and selection low in AU, and it seems well equipped - but out in the Tasman Sea? Really?

Which might be a good deal IF the owner followed Da Book on taking the engine out of service for long periods.

Could be a smoking horror if some one went and turned it on for 1/4 hour every week.

I would seriously doubt this to be the case as long as one did at least average research and due diligence on the engine. That particular engine is hard to screw up. And as long as there was no intentional abuse or neglect, it would be fine.

The boat seems reasonable enough, and I know prices are high and selection low in AU, and it seems well equipped - but out in the Tasman Sea? Really?
Most coastal transits take us north and south to bay and estuary cruising grounds. Conditions are not as hazardous as you think. Choose your day, use commonsense and good forecasting, like 7 Day Wind, Wave & Tide Weather Forecasts and Live wind reports for Australia. I`ve delayed a departure several times based on conditions,once after a radio chat with Marine Rescue(see below). Most boats going offshore use Marine Rescue`s log on/off service so someone with resources knows you are out there,where you are heading, your ETA, etc, sometimes they schedule a contact time mid trip. I often see 18-20ft outboard fishing boats offshore fishing over reefs, they cope ok. An IG 32 in competent hands should be fine in reasonable conditions.

Our last boat was a 1999 32ft Island Gypsy, we owned the boat for five years and put about 150 hours a year on the engine. It was a great boat with the biggest problem was the small holding tank. The new owner just finished the loop, over 6000 miles and his only problem was a dirty fuel filter. Highly recommend !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom