Portable Ice Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kartracer

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V LUNASEA
Vessel Make
45ft Bluewater Coastal
Looking to add a counter top portable ice maker. Did a search and did not come up with anything, Any advice please!!!

I just bought the red New Air-AI-100R

So far, I took it out of the box, put in water, turned it on and had ice in 10 minutes. Let it run for a few cycles..it made ice. I dumped out the water, put it back in box and will be taking it to the boat.

Portable and Countertop Ice Makers

Hi,
I had a portable icemaker made by Edgestar on my sailboat. I loved it, but sold it with the boat. It always popped ice out, even in the Mexican heat. I need to get one for my trawler.

Cheers, Bill

We've had one from Dometic for the last couple of years. Works great and runs off of the inverter quite nicely.

My wife bought me one from Kold-Front for Christmas. It's still in the box on the shelf in the garage waiting for me to take it down to the boat.

Looking to add a counter top portable ice maker. Did a search and did not come up with anything, Any advice please!!!

I just googled "portable ice maker" and found dozens of 'em all over Walmart and Amazon.

I just googled "portable ice maker" and found dozens of 'em all over Walmart and Amazon.

Sorry I should have said "I did a search on TF" to see what other are using. Looking for the Pros & Cons of different units.

Try Compactappliance.com and look for the Edgestar Stainless one. We have used them for years and over 8000 miles and they even work good on the inverter.

Ken Shanley
MV Charis

Try Ebay,lots there.

Rum.

I have seen them at Target in Houma.

I will say this about those table top ice makers, one they are not made all that great, so if your boating is more open water/bumpy not the best thing and the ice is a relative word, soft light ice is more like it.
They were all the rage 6 years ago, not one person has them anymore, all of them went into the dumpster for one reason or another.

Mine is made by Uline.....I bought an extremely expensive ice maker and they threw the boat in for free!!!!

Ive been using one for over 15 years. I find the colder the water the bigger the ice so I remove the basket for about 4 or 5 cycles before I start collecting. I also use RO water and it makes clearer ice.

Use one all the time with bottled water. Let it run all night and we have ice for the next day. When this one retires we will get another. We only use bag ice in the Yeti for canned beverages. Frozen foods are the only things in the freezer part of the fridge and we pre-freeze those.

I have a small one from Sam's Club. Igloo brand, $99 and SS finish. It's perfect for my needs.

Rafe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom