Help with fitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meridian

Guru
Vessel Name
Meridian
Vessel Make
Krogen-42
I have the attached fitting on the side of my trawler used for flopper stoppers. Unfortunately I don't have the gin pole that was used. Can anyone identify the fitting in the pictures? The base is 3"x 6" the distance between the two halves is 3/4" and the hole for the pin is 5/8"

Attachments

• f-1.jpg
    f-1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 96
  • f-2.jpg
    f-2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 92
  • f-3.jpg
    f-3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 89
Could be locally made..... where are you headed?

New poles and flipper stoppers?

Using just for reduced roll at anchor

Ok, are you going to try to buy or just locally spec and have made pole and other gear?

If there are no markings on that fitting, I don't think anyone can without a doubt identify it.

Just give the dimensions of the fitting and pole you want to a welder who works with marine gear or a good machine shop if they do that kind of fabrication.

Looks a little like the brackets Marquip uses for their SeaStairs. Also, sportfishers use them to hinge outriggers on.
Where are you now? Might be able to recommend a place to get these.

I'm in Punta Gorda and will be on the east coast of FL starting next week

On the east coast, go into Hopkins Carter in Miami, BOW or Sailorman in Ft Lauderdale and their special order guys will hook you up.

Looks a little like the brackets Marquip uses for their SeaStairs. Also, sportfishers use them to hinge outriggers on.
Where are you now? Might be able to recommend a place to get these.

They are not a Marquipt product. At least not one I have ever seen. Nor do they look like a outrigger base fitting.

More than likely they were/are made for a very specific product.

This is probably custom fab. The end of the pole is cut longitudely for about 6 six inches. A piece of flat stock about 9 inches long and a little wider then the pole is welded into the cut area of the pole. The end of the flat stock that is sticking out of the pole is rounded and a hole drilled in it to match the yoke in the base. The two holes in the base and the hole in the flat stock line up and are through bolted. The hole in flat stock is larger then the through bolt in order to provide for the pole to rotate out away from the hull and be retrieved back in to an upright position.

I'll bet that fitting was made for the setup. Not an off the shelf item.
You can see the welds so it's not cast.
A fellow I used to know put flopper stoppers on several 42' Krogens after doing his own. That looks similar to what he did.

Simply measure it as carefully as you can and get a fabrication shop to make one for you.
If you can find an aluminum boat builder they should be able to do a good job but many general fabricators could also. I could have 15 yrs ago but no more without a LOT of practice and a welder.

It is not possible to thicken a box inside in one spot ,,so the spun in fitting has a wide flange that increases the surface area .

Back
Top Bottom