Perkins 6.354 parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DHeckrotte

Guru
Vessel Name
Revel
Vessel Make
1984 Fu Hwa 39
Work progresses on Revel. The techie said he was having problems finding parts. I, too, would like to know what a good source is.

1984 red Perkins 6.354, conventionally aspirated. Current need is for the 'end caps' on the heat exchangers (two engines). They look rather odd and totally special. They're about 4" long, neck down from about 3" dia., with a clamp, to about 2" dia. with a clamp in the middle, to the outlet at about 1 1/2" dia.

Our surveyor required us to replace all the hoses and clamps on the engines as they were probably original.

Unhappily, our surveyor could not find the serial numbers and said that some Taiwanese mfrs. preferred to remove them and paste 'em into the buyer's/owner's manual.

Are they Bowman heat exchangers?
(That's what our 6.354s have)
Try here:
Perkins Heat Exchangers | Perkins Manifolds | Perkins Oil Coolers | Perkins Diesel Parts
Scroll down to the picture of the 6.354 parts.
I believe you're looking for parts "E" and "D".

Short story...
I noticed a drip coming from the back of our starboard side heat exchanger, and it turned out to be that ("E") hose.
Well, the previous owner was not at all unlike me, in that I found an extra hose in all the parts under the aft berth. Nice! :thumb:

I have had good success at TAD (Trans Atlantic Diesels) recently.

For engine serial number it should be stamped on the machined surface of the block where the fuel injector is mounted.

Last edited:
Unhappily, our surveyor could not find the serial numbers and said that some Taiwanese mfrs. preferred to remove them and paste 'em into the buyer's/owner's manual.

More unhappily, most Taiwanese mfrs didn't provide a buyer's/owner's manual.:eek:

Donsan, I forwarded that TAD site to the techie last night. My confusion is general, particularly as I'm not near the boat and cannot compare TADs pictured exchanger with what I have. The pic I have of the front of the engine does not appear to show the same sort of necked down cap that the aft end does.

The pic I have of the front of the engine does not appear to show the same sort of necked down cap that the aft end does.
That is correct.
Two different caps, due to the rear one expelling the raw water into the exhaust elbow.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom