Ship/boat colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So a picture of the house and something historical to go on and one just to imagine a white hull. Note that there is very little blue surface directly outside of living areas. The rake and flare of the bow prevent direct sunlight other than early mornings and late evenings from hitting the quarters. The aft salon and galley areas are not directly against the blue with a walkaround seperating the house from the blue. Heat/color wise the forward deck color plays more of a role in temps inside than anything else and it is now very well insulated

Attachments

• 4307f258-da16-445a-840f-12efcea8ea10.jpg
    4307f258-da16-445a-840f-12efcea8ea10.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 12919858_1104792619542227_1397815657317378621_n.jpg
    12919858_1104792619542227_1397815657317378621_n.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 12767458_1573536406270589_473985032_n.jpg
    12767458_1573536406270589_473985032_n.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
blue

I guess I have a blue hull so I guess like it! :smitten:

Attachments

• IMG_2562.jpg
    IMG_2562.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 97
GFC,
Despite the sanitary approach that the Pope would look good on .. your boat is stunningly beautiful. Even the wake and running angle. And I'm very sincere in that even rarely being drawn to the type for beauty and positive asthetics.

Eric, thanks for the kudos. We're very pleased with the boat. Hopefully when we get her over to your neck of the woods we can hoist a cold one together and I'll give you a tour.

Popemobile? Dang, does that mean these are sister ships to Beachcomber?

Popemobil_Mai_2007.jpg

pope-francis-jeep.jpg

Tour?
Thanks.
Rather have a 20 knot ride.
Bring a barrel of fuel?
OK lets do the tour.

I like the looks of the dark green or navy hulls, but I wouldn't want one because of the increased maintenance to keep them looking nice.

Two things we insisted on a few years ago when we were shopping for a boat:
1. No colored hulls
2. No wood on the exterior

We got what we wanted in Beachcomber.

Walt...If the Pope can have a raised pilothouse, why can't you?.

Attachments

• Walt's raised pilothouse version.jpg
    Walt's raised pilothouse version.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
White, or as we prefer, an off-white or cream, is far preferable in the tropics and hot climates, both for comfort (inside and out) and durability. We love the look of those blue or green hulled boats, but wouldn't have one south of about the Mason-Dixon line.

My boating friends can identify my Coot long before I can identify their boats.

That's because we give you an hour head start and approach you from your stern. You can't see aft as well as we can see fwd. :hide: :D

Last edited:
That's because we give you an hour head start and approach you from your stern. You can't see aft as well as you can see fwd. :hide: :D

Here's looking at you!

Most all pleasure boats are all-white as well as cruise ships (Cunard and Holland America major exceptions), whereas most all non-toy boats have darker hull schemes. What's with that?

Its pretty simple, resale and the fact that dark colored boat show every imperfection, are harder to keep looking first rate and then there is the heat isdue. Or should I say issues that can go along with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im looking for old photos that the police divers took of my 34' timber green boat laying on the bottom of Sydney Harbor. I don't think I will own another green wooden boat again there jinxed :rofl:

What fabric is used on your window shades? I am considering something for my PH and saloon windows.
Dave, it's a material called Phifertex (sp???) Ours came with the boat and they're a light grey color. If I ever replace them I'll do 'em in white to match the color of the boat more closely.

I like them because they keep out the heat, we can see through them, but it's very hard to see into the boat. Ours snap on and the ones at the forward ends zip to the ends of the windshield screen. That keeps everything tight so there's no flapping in the wind when we're on plane.

Dave, it's a material called Phifertex (sp???) Ours came with the boat and they're a light grey color. If I ever replace them I'll do 'em in white to match the color of the boat more closely.

I like them because they keep out the heat, we can see through them, but it's very hard to see into the boat. Ours snap on and the ones at the forward ends zip to the ends of the windshield screen. That keeps everything tight so there's no flapping in the wind when we're on plane.

Thanks. How good is the visibility through the screens? My wife wants to be able to see well out of the windows. I want the UV protection for the interior.

Fibertex?

It really is Phifertex and is pronounced "fi fer tex"

The visibility looking out is decent. You definitely know the screen is there, but you can still see out. I've been told that Phifertex is available in two 'densities', one easier to see out of than the other. I think ours is the more dense of the two.

I will say that the material does keep it a lot cooler inside, but I think white would be better at that than the light grey we have.

Back
Top Bottom