Bread Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Greetings,
Mr. WK. Re: post #26. Bread is also a source of sodium (salt) and should be eaten in moderation if one has high blood pressure (hypertension). The average North American eats a LOT of bread and probably never thinks of the salt "hidden" within. Average (commercial loaf) for ONE slice of white bread is 170mg which is 7% of one's RDI (Recommended daily intake).

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/food/white-bread/sodium

Last edited:
I can do without bread most of the time but it's hard to find a sandwich that doesn't include it. I find some of the "non-white" breads ok, bun most cases I would rather do without. Just eat the filling off a plate.

There's a line from an old country song; "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of my body."

So, as we approach the golden years, we find that we have to watch what we eat and drink.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1460493049.531287.jpg
This is a pic of my 1 pound loaf bread maker, the 1st loaf of the year is about 1 hour into the process. I have the butter and honey ready for when it comes out.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

I pretty much stopped making bread with white flour. Whole grain seems to last longer and a single slice is incredibly filling.

After the first generic white bread loaf from the new bread maker, I moved on the the 100% whole wheat recipe. Wow, was it filling!

I was thinking in terms of healthier bread, but I like the idea of having a sandwich that doesn't leave me hungry for a snack or side dish. I'm going to stock up on wheat flour.

I've only made whole wheat, I like a grilled ham and cheese on homemade bread.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Back
Top Bottom