there's a new Coot in town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

markpierce

Master and Commander
Vessel Name
Carquinez Coot
Vessel Make
penultimate Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
Builder Bill Kimley has brought a newly-built Coot to the Bay Area. Is being displayed this weekend at the "all sail" presentation in Richmond CA. Don't know a lickin' on its configuration, but I'd guess this Coot version is more addressed for liveaboards with washer/dryer, heater/ac, genset and such. Surely you all can google for the details on how to board the boat.

It's about 50 percent more expensive than mine, but it has lots more goodies.

Last edited:
Does it have a flying bridge?

Don't see it as an option at the builder's website. Would hate to think of the extra cost (waste) for all that duplication and other inconveniences (climbing ladder, exaggerated motion, and such.

image.jpg
Does it have a flying bridge?

No flybridge Mr RTF.

I wonder if this boat belongs to someone already or is up for sale as brand new?

Compared to my Coot, the sidegates are SS tubing rather than wire, and the saloon-roof railings are higher.

Wifey B: Fudge.....oh sorry.....We just went earlier to Fantastic Fudge.....:D

But that Coot's the wrong color, isn't it? I like Mark's yellow. :)

But that Coot's the wrong color, isn't it? I like Mark's yellow. :)

Looks good to me, especially if they would pop a nice big red maple leaf on the starboard and port sides of the pilothouse :D

Looks good to me, especially if they would pop a nice big red maple leaf on the starboard and port sides of the pilothouse :D

Wifey B: Like this?

maple leaf.jpg

:rofl: I think the red looks good. Maple Leaf only if he's from Toronto...or at least Canada. :)

BandB; said:
I think the red looks good. Maple Leaf only if he's from Toronto...or at least Canada.
Leaf is dead.
Toronto is not in Canada.
The Coot was special ordered.

Attachments

• untitled 2.png
    untitled 2.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 372
Bill was at the show and what a boat. Probably one of the best and stoutest(steel) built boat I have been on. So many neat details, folding swim platform, folding side boarding ladder, etc. Simple yet elegant. Beefy SS rails and commercial equipment abound. Fit and finish top notch. You can tell this boat could go just about any place in any weather. Bill's honesty and passion sell the boat as he is not the typical sales person. He invited my wife and me to visit him in his home in China and his wife would fix us a Chinese dinner and I actually believe he was sincere. Thinking about a trip to China!!!

Would be surprised if the builder wouldn't add that at little or no cost if ordered from the factory. Custom paint jobs are at no extra cost (including boat name and home port), but not sure if that would include figures.

That red is awfull.
I would'nt want to see Mark's Coot all Yellow either.
I much prefer Mark's John Deere.

Johnny,
I read that you like it.

That red is awfull.
I would'nt want to see Mark's Coot all Yellow either.
I much prefer Mark's John Deere.

Johnny,
I read that you like it.

The latest version has the same engine as mine except it has a turbo. Believe that's due to the USA's EPA.

My Coot's color scheme was after considering TFer's input.

Mark .. my friend I was refering to your boat colors Hmmmmm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom