View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #12
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwash View Post
Where would you start with the Pioneer chainsaw, Art?
That is a good question. Would have to spend time aboard measuring, planning, drawing sketches for figuring what/where cuts, braces, hinges, hatches, furniture movement[s] could become accomplished to make it an "open hatch" engine compartment. That said... it can probably be done without too much problem. Plenty work, but, no problem. That also said: Although I really like Dave's new boat in umpteen different ways... if no stand up room was possible to attain around and near the engine... that would be a death knell regarding purchase for me. It's one of my hard and fast rule regarding owning any boat. I love to get close and personal with my boat engines... sometimes even each day in very early morning. No stand up, then no go... one of my rules!

I can get things wide open in my Tolly's salon sole in a matter of seconds.

In addition to making servicing engines simple and comfortable to do... it is also great should an emergency down there need immediate attention while still at least intermittingly piloting from lower control station... if alone aboard while away from dock or moorage.

Big open hatch access to engines is good idea all the way around! IMHO! - LOL
Art is offline   Reply With Quote