The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
34' CHB
Hi folks! Been a lurker off and on for a while, live in the NW of WA state. I know at least one member on her personally. Eric of LaConner. I recently purchased a 78 CHB 34' Puget Trawler with the ubiquitous Ford Lehman diesel. Was surveyed in Bellingham about a month ago. A few repairs made up there, then brought it home to LaConner. Keeping it under cover at least for now, though presently hauled again in LaConner for more repairs and upgrades. So far so good, its going pretty well. Had the worrisome fuel tanks, drained, cleaned, inspected and pronounced good to go by PetroClean, so that was a big plus! Doing the usual stuff now, replacing some valves, doing stuffing boxes etc. Stripping the teak on the transom for refinishing. Anyway glad to be here, thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2546.jpg
    IMG_2546.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 212
Welcome aboard! Not many other members know RT Firefly's first name. Nice to have another Marx fan aboard. I once named a boat Duck Soup.

Showing my age I guess! Did I spill the beans? Now everyone knows! OH NO!

Welcome to the TF .

If anyone is interested, the avatar pic is my R/C WWII British rescue tug model. Its 43" long, powered with one large electric motor. Shown here backing down from full ahead.

I'm interested,
Interested enough to want to see a clickable picture.
I like the CHB's a lot when they are in good shape.
Sounds and looks like yours is.
Welcome to TF.

I'm on K39

tug

Hi Eric. This is Scott. I looked at Willy for over an hour one day a while back. Here is my tug.

Attachments

• IMG_1607.jpg
    IMG_1607.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 72
pix

more of my CHB during survey and haulout, and leaving Bellingham Bay behind headed south to LaConner.

Attachments

• IMG_2537.jpg
    IMG_2537.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2545.jpg
    IMG_2545.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 59
Mandalay

Hi , new to this ! Have a 1967 Grand Banks 36 classic wood . Twin fords .It's a restoration project & a live a board . Looking for window tracks , replacement windows or any advice on rebuilding them !
Thanks , Shawn

Mandalay Shawn,

Welcome. You will want to search the GB owners site at Grand Banks Owner's Resources. They have an extensive archive on anything GB. Bob Lowe is the man to ask along with several others there. I have a 1974 GB 36 fiberglass that I will be rebedding the windows on this spring. Different technique for removal and rebedding than your woodie.

Good luck and I will probably see your post over there. When doing a search type, window and rebedding. Here is the result I got after logging in,
IAGBO ::
36 topics.

Good luck

Hey, welcome from another La Conner boater. ;)
We're on D-32 (south basin/covered), though we're living in Helena, MT at the moment.

My wife and I are hoping to head over for Trawler Fest in Anacortes next month and take some of the familiarization classes.
1) Currents
2) Boat handling for Couples
3) What to do when the Captain is incapacitated.
TrawlerFest Anacortes 2016 | | PassageMaker
We thought it a good idea to get some professional instruction sooner rather than later, as in before the bad habits start showing up and they're that much harder to break.

Last edited:
Hey, welcome from another La Conner boater. ;)
We're on D-32 (south basin/covered), though we're living in Helena, MT at the moment.

My wife and I are hoping to head over for Trawler Fest in Anacortes next month and take some of the familiarization classes.
1) Currents
2) Boat handling for Couples
3) What to do when the Captain is incapacitated.
TrawlerFest Anacortes 2016 | | PassageMaker
We thought it a good idea to get some professional instruction sooner rather than later, as in before the bad habits start showing up and they're that much harder to break.
Hello there! I will be on C dock when I get back in the water. They put me on a lousy slip and I am on the list for a better one. Probably see you around there, thanks for the welcome!

Hope to be splashing next week, get the boat back under cover before the next monsoon sets in. Been raining off and of since I hauled out. Finally have the teak transom sanded off to bare and a couple coats of varnish on. Prop and shaft going back in today, needed a new raw water thru hull installed as the original was froze solid, (open!). Had a pretty good leak at the rear hatch into the aft cabin, typical. Thought I had it fixed once, only to find on the next good soaker that it wasn't. Found the hole where the water was getting in, mixed up some System Three and poured some into the recess, let it kick and then caulked it with Boatlife. So far so good after two more rains. Looking forward to getting it back in the water. Something about being hauled out causes me some level of anxiety. Maybe its just me. Probably the feeling of obligation to be there every day doing something. And its just not as much fun as being IN the water. I think that's it.

Attachments

• IMG_2562.jpg
    IMG_2562.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2644.JPG
    IMG_2644.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom