View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 12:32 PM   #30
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by angus99 View Post
I dealt with their headquarters. Their letter to me indicates it's a hard rule . . . and a recently enacted one.

I couldn't agree more with your assessment. If they'd said outright they didn't want to insure boats like mine, I'd have looked for a company that did and not have to go insurance shopping again. I even object to the BS brand "Select" policy when the coverage is less and the premium more. It will be interesting to hear why they're doing this and I'll post what I hear.
"Select" has become a popular term for less. I'm not sure how that happened. Medicare uses it. What's the lowest quality beef..."Select". Well, there is ungraded, but the lowest most groceries will carry.

We know the "why". It just stinks. They were one of two companies we had make proposals to us initially. Right now, I'm very glad I chose the other one. The reason we chose the other one ultimately was that I've used them in business and in many countries, and never once have they doubled or tripled rates or said, we can't cover this any more or through other actions made it clear they wanted us gone.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote