A trawler owner (in a few days)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhays

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinship
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
After almost 11 months and over 600 posts since joining this forum, I will become a power boat owner.

The oil analysis came in this morning and nothing was terrible so papers are being signed and if things go smoothly I should be the owner of a 2010 North Pacific 43 by Friday.

Thank you all sincerely for your patience and good humor which has helped me get to this point. Of course the bad news is that now that I actually will own a motor vessel, my trickle of steady questions will likely become a torrent. At least it will give you all a chance to revel in my ignorance. :)

Congratulations, beautiful boat...

Very nice. Congrats. I have always admired those boats.

Did you sell your sailboat?

Last edited:
I expect you to make SE Alaska no later than next year. Enjoy the warm and dry ride with great visibility.

Tom

Nice boat, congratulations!

Way to go Dave. Great boats!

We took the plunge a year ago. Only regret waiting so long to do it.

Very nice. Congrats. I have always admired those boats.

Did you sell your sailboat?

It has just listed, although hasn't hit Yachtworld yet. If anyone you know is looking for a nice Catalina 400.....

After almost 11 months and over 600 posts since joining this forum, I will become a power boat owner.

The oil analysis came in this morning and nothing was terrible so papers are being signed and if things go smoothly I should be the owner of a 2010 North Pacific 43 by Friday.

Thank you all sincerely for your patience and good humor which has helped me get to this point. Of course the bad news is that now that I actually will own a motor vessel, my trickle of steady questions will likely become a torrent. At least it will give you all a chance to revel in my ignorance. :)

Congrats... and

It only has one head to go wrong! :)

Congratulations! We are at the end of our first trawler trip on the ICW and are heading home for the summer. Have the time of your life.

Hi Dave, A second congratulation on the purchase. Let me echo Brady and encourage you to travel North to Southeast Alaska. Canada provides the entry and the full Monty of Alaska will make the adventure complete. Keep us posted and questions are always welcome as the depth of nautical knowledge is unlimited.
Al-Ketchikan

Hi Dave, A second congratulation on the purchase. Let me echo Brady and encourage you to travel North to Southeast Alaska. Canada provides the entry and the full Monty of Alaska will make the adventure complete. Keep us posted and questions are always welcome as the depth of nautical knowledge is unlimited.
Al-Ketchikan

Someday I would like to head to Alaska. However, it will need to wait until I can mostly retire. I still have to work to pay for the boat. :whistling:

Congratulations Dave , very nice boat .

As someone who is six months ahead of you, I say congratulations!

I also think it s amazing that you did it after 11 months on TF. I didn't find TF until after we bought the boat. If I had, we would have stayed with a bigger sailboat. I had no idea how many problems powerboats have. I just hope the problems stay with other owners :) .

Best of luck with the new boat.

Last edited:
Party time...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
dhays; said:
Well, congratulations, Dave.

I dug up your first post to see where you started. You really didn't stray much from what you thought you a wanted and certainly didn't waste any time.
http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s53/another-old-sailor-thinking-about-trawler-21925.html

Hopefully the Catalina sells quickly and the new 43 fits nicely in your slip.

Let us know what you christen her so we can keep an eye out.

Enjoy you new life, I am very happy for you.

Dave, congratulations! I just made the switch in November, and I have to say that the trawler life is pretty sweet. I was heartbroken over selling my sailboat, but time heals all :thumb:.

Enjoy yourself.

Cheers, Bill

Congrats Dave...

Next step - we need to see some pics but I'm guessing many of us will be drooling (more than normal)

Last edited by a moderator:
You could get a sailing dinghy so you won't be completely out of the wind.:thumb:
Welcome to the other side by the way!

Sincere congrats, Dave. We're always in need of another trawler we can argue over, and you've now been put on the list of "provocateers".

Congrats indeed! I made the switch from sail (Catalina 36) to trawler just a year ago. I'm sure you going to love it.

Have fun!

Richard

Nice choice, Dave! Congrats! How about an introductory video?

Guess it might be time for a new avatar, huh?

Wow Dave - You've chosen a real goodie! congrats!! - Art

Great news Dave. Congrats. Good timing, boating season is here!

Thanks again all.

Hawgwash, I only strayed from two issues that I thought were important (but decided they weren't). One was that I didn't want a fly bridge. I will have one. Second was that I wanted side decks, I won't. On both counts, I am perfectly happy at this point.

Maybe some pics once we get the boat. Hopefully this weekend if all goes perfectly smoothly (what are the odds?).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom