Source for waterproof LED shower light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AKMary

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Kingfisher
Vessel Make
1974 Meridian Yachts Pilothouse 48
I'm looking for a 12v LED light for my shower stall. I'd like an overhead, shallow dome styled light, and it needs to be waterproof. Does anybody know where to look for this?

I've checked out RV supplies, Marine stores, Lowes, HD, DrLED, Superbright, etc. without luck. Maybe I'm using the wrong search terms?

Thanks for the help,
Mary

Oo, oo, I have an answer to this one. I had the same problem in the shower of our Carver 32, dark as a cave in there, so I mounted one of these -

https://m.bedbathandbeyond.com/m/pr...e=&network=g&gclid=CPX7_eOt4ssCFdhahgodSWAIhA

...believe it or not a Coleman under-the-lid ice chest light. It's designed to turn on automatically when you lift the lid, but that knob in the center turns off that feature. That knob also functions as a simple on/off. Great thing is that it's battery powered, no wiring runs, no switches, sticks to any surface, and it's waterproof, designed to live in coolers with melting ice. Plenty bright for a shower, and the batteries lasted at least two years (we sold the boat before they died). That was the easiest, fastest boat improvement I ever did.

Have one of the Coleman LED lights in my head and love it. Being waterproof, the batteries are not exposed to salt air and have lasted quite a while. Great product.

What about an LED stern light? It's waterproof, anyway.

What a great idea on the Coleman light Thanks.

Mary,

I bought one at Defender for the same use. Their big sale starts Thursday!

Attached is a shot of the light. I also put four in the engine space.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0115.jpg
    IMG_0115.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom