JD
Guru

City: New Bern NC
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t
RE: Proper Prop

Quote:
KJ wrote:
Marin wrote:Unless you are planning to boat in some very remote, rock and reef-strewn waters where you are well and truly on your own* Actually, I do plan on operating in remote, reef strewn waters, quite on my own for extended periods of time.* The need to be able to effect repairs becomes a requirement.
-- Edited by KJ on Thursday 17th of February 2011 12:41:50 AM
So where does the preparedness end?* Now I'm not saying don't be prepared but to what extent.* So you have a single or twin for that matter and you have some unforeseen item (dead head) jump up and hit your prop.* You dive down and see the bent prop but no worries you have a replacement.* You get your replacement on only to find out that the shaft bent as well. Now what?*

The point is that*you can not cover every thing that can happen.* Close in or far out.* I think that is why*most of us do not worry about it.* If you worried about everything that could cause an airplane to fall out of the sky you would only ride the train, then again there are all those things that happen to trains to worry about.

I'm not making light I'm pointing out that you are going to compromise.* Be it twins or*a single.*

JD is offline   Reply With Quote