View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #35
HeadMistress
Guru

City: AR
Noisy electric heads

Quote:
Per wrote:

how much freshwater does the newer freshwater systems use each flush?

also, i am wondering where in the system the macerator fits in.
it seems to me that in a regular electric marine head, the flush goes into the holding tank without any grinding.
if you dump out, then the macerator does its job, but if you use a pump out station to vacuum the waste out, no macration has been done?
Starting one* at a time.
how much freshwater does the newer freshwater systems use each flush?
Approx 2 quarts

also, i am wondering where in the system the macerator fits in.
It's just a blade, not unlike a the blade in a blender, in the toilet.

it seems to me that in a regular electric marine head, the flush goes into the holding tank without any grinding.
That depends on the type of toilet.* Most electric toilets macerate...manual toilets, incnluding those who've replaced the pump handle with a motor, don't.

if you dump out, then the macerator does its job, but if you use a pump out station to vacuum the waste out, no macration has been done?

Yes...no...but it really doesn't matter...'cuz some (most electric) toilets macerate...some don't.* Some pumps that dump tanks macerate...some don't. It's not a big deal because solid waste dissolves very quickly in water and so does quick dissolve TP..so there's not--or shouldn't be- much in the toilet or tank that needs macerating,* If there is, somebody flushed something they shouldn't have..

Btw...anything named "quiet flush" is a Jabsco (read: bottom of ANY equipment food chain) product.

-- Edited by HeadMistress on Wednesday 16th of February 2011 07:56:43 PM
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote