Californian 34 Hardtop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tracyt

Hello All,

I have located a Californian 34 LRC with a hardtop, no flybridge, yet I have not seen any reference to such a model being offered. Is this possibly a modification made after the original manufacturer? I am going to go take a look at her and see what I might be getting myself into>

Tracy

The boat is located at Keyport NJ which is a long haul for me. Has anyone on the forum looked at this boat? The photos look OK but, since it is the internet sometimes the photos can be a bit deceiving.

Hi Tracy. Until now, I've not seen a factory 34 LRC without the FB. But I like the look. I kinda doubt it's a factory mod, but I could be wrong.

I would suspect you're right Al. Flybridge ladder and cable chase would make me believe it had a flybridge at one time. 7.5Kw Onan generator and Twin 3208 NA's nice combination. It should be a 20 k boat. Although that engine room must be a tight fit. :flowers:

I wonder if that's a Sandy boat.

Even if she didn't sink, she's got what looks like bad leak damage in the amidship stateroom.

It's certainly located in the right State for that to be true.

I saw that leakage damage too. In that location, there could be leakage from the window or teak gunnel cap/bow rail screws too. I had to reseal mine a few years back.

Also in photo #4, you can see the mounting frame for the flybridge enclosure and the wood block access hole for the cable chase that they left in place. I wonder why they removed it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom