• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: 1980 Vashon Island Boatworks 23' Pocket Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceansailor

For sale by owner is a salty and stout little ship!

These stout boats were built to fish in Alaskan waters. Most were built with a short house and fish hold. This is one of the few built as a family cruiser with the extended house and no fish hold. Includes a Westerbeke 35hp diesel, repowered in 2010. Most were a smaller Volvo. Has a large three blade prop protected by a full keel. Large stainless rudder provides excellent handling and control. She is very seaworthy and salty. Use her on the bay, offshore or take her to your favorite location on her dual axle trailer!

Includes new Garmin GPS, Depth sounder, HD Radar, with Intergrated AIS system. New vhf and hailer. LED running lights, bow roller, fold down helm seat with inside and outside steering. Has a wood burning heater and a gimballed propane stove. She putts along at 7 knots and sips about a half gallon an hour. With about 70 gallons of fuel, she has an incredible range.

Built tough to handle offshore conditions. 5800 lbs and a hull that's more than an inch thick of solid fiberglass. Just enough teak on the exterior to make her salty. New hull and topside LP paint in 2015 with a fresh hard epoxy bottom. Trailer rebuilt in 2015 with new brakes, tires, paint.

Comfortable v berth forward, lots of storage and even a new Jabsco head with holding tank.

She is on her trailer ready to go on your next adventure!

Rare and hard to find in excellent condition.
$37,500 / best offer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 596
She's located in Vallejo CA.
Currently on her trailer (included) and can be delivered (negotiable) most anywhere on the West coast.

Need some measures

I'm moving from a sailboat to a trawler and this one fits my budget. Because I am 6'3", I need some important measures.
1. How long is the v-berth?
2. What is stand up height in cabin?
Searching for a small trawler on a small budget(<40,000)
hardalee1

I was just on Vashon Island, WA yesterday. Is that where it was built?

Great looking boat!

Named after Vashon, but I don't think they were ever built there. At least to the best of my knowledge and recollection.

I grew up boating and sailing around here, but there are lots of stuff that I don't know and even more that I have forgotten over the years.

So I got away from some of the Easter activities to do some measuring.
The Vashon v berth is 6' wide at the head (width) and is 6' 4" front to back.
I measured about 6' 6" measured at an angle on the side of the v berth.

The headroom inside varies from about 6'2" to about 6'5" at the helm.

Hope this helps.

There must be some relationship between the Vashon and the Willards. I don't see how two boats can look so similar and not be connected in some way.
Anybody know of a connection?

Oceansailor; said:
For sale by owner is a salty and stout little ship!
Just a suggestion but I think you would do well to post those Craigslist pictures on here. They would compliment your thorough write up.

Pretty boat.
:thumb:

And here are even more pics of a similar sister ship. http://www.www.zodiac.boats.com/listing/gallery.jsp?entityid=115102891&mid=0&galleryBack=%2Fboat-details%2FJon-Nielson-Vashon-Vashon-Pocket-Cruiser%2F115102891%3Fr%3D115102891%26entityid%3D115102891&pic=8

And even more. https://plus.google.com/photos/110475283909809701103/albums/5488227282486332705

Last edited:
Rossigal,
Oceansailor is trying to sell his Vashon here.
The Rosborough is a nice OB boat though. I'm going to be looking to downsize somtime in the future though .. probably to an Albin. That's what I had before.
I think the Vashon 23 is probably the smallest real trawler there is. Very very much like a Willard and I don't know the connection but belive there must be one.

I hope she found a home. Not many Vashon trawlers around. I can attest that they are incredibly sea worthy with their FD hull. Nomad Willy, you and I are both in agreement about the hull resembling a Nomad.

Named after Vashon, but I don't think they were ever built there. At least to the best of my knowledge and recollection.

I grew up boating and sailing around here, but there are lots of stuff that I don't know and even more that I have forgotten over the years.

They were indeed built on Vashon Island back in the late 70s to early 80s. The former owner of Vashon Island Boat Works, Jan Nielsen, still resides on the island. Only about 20 or so were built as "family cruisers" such as mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom