Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
16m Paul Johansen. Nice looking boat.

Attachments

• Boat Paul Johansen.jpg
    Boat Paul Johansen.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 274
Genecop-that is one beautiful barge. I could see a lifetime on the Euro canals on that baby!

Murray-those are some beautiful boats. I especially like the 43 meter long range trawler.

16m Paul Johansen. Nice looking boat.

Old 23m class 1970 rescue ship from Norway, was for sale some years back in Seattle. There are quite a few of them around, that have been converted for private use.

Not sure if "interesting" actually describes this.

Attachments

• 01414_2L3TZxa4Wfk_600x450.jpg
    01414_2L3TZxa4Wfk_600x450.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 225
Max,
Re what I was about to say I hope it is'nt your boat.
For once I kept my mouth shut.
"interesting" only if studying the effects of automotive styling on other things.

Nope, not mine. Just saw on CL. Hard to believe a naval someone sketched that out said "yep, looks good!"

Old 23m class 1970 rescue ship from Norway, was for sale some years back in Seattle. There are quite a few of them around, that have been converted for private use.

Thanks for the ID, couldn't find anything online.
They should build them again, probably sell a bunch. Beautiful and hardy canoe stern.

Conversation piece - cute kids toy!

Believe it or not there is some club that has all kinds of these rare design old-boat classics; I recall stumbling across it on the net it some years ago. The members have outings, When in tip-top condition and with classic o/b's the values of these funny looking items can get pretty steep... well into the $10K to $20K range.

Limited market for sure! :rofl:

The only reason I'd ever consider buying that, is if I wanted to dress up as Batman and cruise around saving people from vandals and miscreants. I wonder if it shoots flames out of the transom...

Fernandina Beach today

Attachments

• 20160317_113103.jpg
    20160317_113103.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 275
I remember those things running around on the lake with their bow riding high in the air. They would have a then big 35 hp OB on the stern. The driver and front passenger standing, and reaching over to try to push the bow down. No power tilt or trim for those babies. There is nothing like a '57 pink and charcoal Desoto on the water.

RTF should be familiar with those. They sponsored his show.

search

Permanently attached helm chairs...

Thought she looked a little stretched to be a Fales....unless one of the rare 38s.

Last edited:
Permanently attached helm chairs...

Thought she looked a little stretched to be a Fales....unless one of the rare 38s.
I don't think I'd want to sit in those swiveling chairs in any kind of seaway!

Here's a Fales Navigator 38 image I found on the 'net:
attachment.php

The boat in my pic looks like it has a longer cabin than the smaller Fales but not as long as the 38 with 4 ports versus the 3 in my pic...but I am not that familiar with Fales.

On the Atlantic ICW, 90% of the time you could easily sit in those seats and just hold on for the wakes (not bad if you don't travel with the snowbird packs).

Greetings,
Mr. m. Not only are fishermen required to dump excess catch but bycatch (those species they don't have a specific license for) as well. Thousands if not millions of tons of good fish is wasted yearly on a worldwide basis.

"Harvesting" the wild as a business is pure barbarism. Support Trudeau's "Canada as a national wildlife refuge" initiative- no export of wildlife.

Greetings, Pretty sparse ER shots...

RT: I'd take my chances with the ER, whatever it is. What it must be like to be surrounded by such richness as that vessel. No doubt, a high-buck maintenance crew would have to come with it, but there's something I would live on if I had the change to do it.

I've only seen photos of the original Malahides, this one is far far better. What a beautiful boat.

Built here in the good ol' emerald Isle. :D

A beautiful working boat, Greenwell Point

IMHO, this is the most beautiful boat in our harbour. She's 50', wood, slipped twice a year, and immaculately maintained by her owner. I have a standing offer to go out on her, but have not taken it up yet.

I have a yacht that I am using as a motor sailer; but want a 40' version of something like this. I grew up on/around Army work boats (also wood, and 40') so this length, line, and function satisfy something at a deep level.

There's not a straight piece of timber on her, apart from the transom. Efficient cruising speed is 8–9Kn, according to her skipper, but I have no further technical details. They fish by hand, too.

Not sure how to rotate images here.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_0388.jpg
    IMG_0388.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited: