Sundowner Tugs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a head's up: I posted a free book about a cruise of a 36' sundowner over in the classified section. Is anyone here on Trawler Forum interested?

Just a head's up: I posted a free book about a cruise of a 36' sundowner over in the classified section. Is anyone here on Trawler Forum interested?

Thanks, but I'll pass.

There was a fellow who bought a 36' Sundowner Tug about three or four years ago and lived on it for awhile on our dock. However last year sometime he decided to move over to John Wayne Marina on the Olympic Peninsula as the moorage is considerably less expensive.

His name is Joe and the name of his boat is Sunshine. Unfortunately I don't know his last name or how to contact him. Perhaps someone from this area might see this post and know who I'm talking about and how to contact him......

thanks Fellas... I'll give it a couple days here because not everyone is addicted to Trawler Forum like me. This is a surplus copy from the Library of Congress or at least that's the stamps on the inside.

There was a member who hasn.'t been heard from for a while who literally tore his apart and was in the process of rebuilding/restoring it.

His moniker was ANODE.

I have no idea if he still has it.

I'll have to look into painting it I could try a little spot to see what it would look like because we don't have many people that do boat work like that thank you for your help sahockey

Yes I would be interested in what you wife uses on your teak rail thank you manyboats

White FRP panels, heaper, cleaner, easier and brightens the dark interior considerably
Our New Boat.

I have a 36-foot Sundowner tug Po Tolo that I bought in Poulsbo last summer. Love her and live on board in Benicia, Ca. Put some work in on her but nothing huge. The last owner kept her up nicely.

Purchased a 30' Sundowner in Bellingham, Washington last February, trucked her down to Biloxi on the Ms. Gulf Coast. She's a sweet lady! Just came in from the Blessing of the Fleet, a century old tradition where dozens of decorated shrimp boats and personal craft line up and cruise down the channel to get blessed by a local priest. We took our Mojo for her first blessing. Great fun and the after party! 1496615105452.jpg1496615121657.jpg1496615153637.jpg

Nice boat . Looks like fun .

I own a Sundowner 36 1984 vintage. Bought her in 1998. Have taken her from Washington to Alaska and back.

Add me to the list of Sundowner owners I recently took delivery of a 32. I live in New England and have only seen one 30 around

Hi Xsbank,
Just wanted you to know that my new dark teak didn’t lighten up to match my light teak. As you can see from the dates it’s been well over a year. Since my boat is undercover in a barn about 8-9 months a year that might have had some impact on that. I guess there might be advantages and disadvantages to living in a cold winter climate.

Newbie - Looking for a family vessel to explore the Puget Sound

First time posting, novice in boating.... so be gentle.

I am interested in getting into boating and after 6 years in WA. Long time camper who now feels the pull to explore our Puget Sound / San Juan waters. I have done so in a friends boat, but am contemplating the leap for my family of 4. Ultimately we would like to spend nights away exploring and enjoy our beautiful state.

My wife is very fond of the tug style boats and I happened upon one, which was listed as a 1983 Sundowner. However, all Sundowner's I have seen have a "stepped roof," this one has a long flat one. Seems like a very practical configuration, but was wondering if anyone had experience or history with this configuration.

https://www.boats.com/power-boats/1983-sundowner-tug-30-7617774/

Any thoughts or insights you have for a hopeful enthusiast, on this boat or any would be appreciated. I dont want to buy our dream boat at this time, but something my family and I can make memories with (camping, exploring, fishing, etc). Thanks again to this community and what you all provide.

Propeller Guard

Looking at a Sundowner 30 which has a cage around the propeller, obviously designed for seaweed or lobster pot lines or whatever, but have never seen this on a trawler before. Seems it would certainly make the prop more inefficient. Anyone seen this before, is it worth it?
sundowner-tug-tug-3868665

Back
Top Bottom