Carbon Monoxide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Before people start imagining CO as being in the same league as, say, helium, the definitions of CO I have found describe it as just "slightly lighter than air." What this tells me is that it is easily wafted around by even small air currents, and that it can fill or collect in spaces other than being up against the ceiling. A car exhaust can fill up a gargage to deadly levels pretty quickly, and a boat cabin is usually a lot smaller than a garage. An earlier poster talked about CO wafting into their boat from the generator of a nearby boat. So "up" isn't always so "up" it seems. I would think if a current of air is wafting it about your head while you're asleep, you got problems no matter how far below the cabin overhead your head happens to be.

-- Edited by Marin on Monday 14th of February 2011 10:19:13 PM

I was just using that example as a way to explain how dangerous CO is and that it is not always the insidious killer that we have all been taught. *It CAN be an IMMEDIATE killer........THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON FOR MY POST!!!!!!...and I used the houseboat incidents as an example without realizing it had any personal implications to anyone on this forum!!!! *Again....I am sorry!!!!

-- Edited by Baker on Tuesday 15th of February 2011 10:57:51 AM

Old Stone, I understand the anger but Baker was not in any way belittling or making light of the awful situation of your friends.He was making a general comment without any knowledge of the tragedy you subsequently *described.

I think his last post sums up his feelings pretty well.

I think my last post is redundant. Talk about living in world of instant technology.Slow typing and fast posts.

It would be nice to catch up with you guys sometime for a few beers, (or two)
wink.gif

belizebill wrote:My goodness, The man just wanted to know where you guys have your detectors. BB
Go back and read post #1.* There have been a couple of revisions since then, primarily to accuse the group of not knowing where to mount detectors.

Gotta laugh though, it's like a race car just before being lapped, for a moment it looks like it's leading.

Old Stone wrote:

Baker Budddy - My apologies. Because a dear friend lost two kids to this subject, I get a bit hot under the collar. She and the rest of her kids on on meds for the rest of their lives. You did not deserve that rant. Again, Sorry.

Apology accepted. *Thanks my friend!!!! *And am so glad you are sticking around. *We didn't want to lose ya!!!!

And I deleted and edited everything out of existence.

-- Edited by Baker on Tuesday 15th of February 2011 10:59:12 AM

RickB wrote:

belizebill wrote:My goodness, The man just wanted to know where you guys have your detectors. BB
Go back and read post #1.* There have been a couple of revisions since then, primarily to accuse the group of not knowing where to mount detectors.

Gotta laugh though, it's like a race car just before being lapped, for a moment it looks like it's leading.

It was an attempt to get people making smart-aleck remarks to come forward as to what their practice or experience*was for mounting CO detectors.* But then, some people would rather just be bumptious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom