Old 03-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #16
Mule
Guru

City: Fort Pierce
Vessel Name: Florita Ann
Vessel Model: 1982 Present
Quote:
Originally Posted by psneeld View Post
$75-$100/hr for a diesel guy is dirt cheap compared to the $175-$200 in my neck of the woods. To get that price...it would be an independent or "after hours" employee with really off the calendar schedules.

The Westerbeke dealer in Cape May has been good for me so far on parts, so far repairs I have handled myself but would call them first even if more expensive as they seem organized, competent.
I would have paid $200 an hour given the chance. I just wanted my fkin genset fixed and comittments MET. Notice this Jihad is NOT about money but about being lied to, disrespected and losing time because of either/or lies, incompetence, give a damn and failure to follow up. Money is NOT the issue.

Truly, this appears to be more about incompetence and price gouging. Price gouging aside, would you rather be known as a liar or incompetent in your life's work. I am neither but I think liar is better. You?

BTW, I did not mention the $500 each for new injectors did I. Who does Westerbeke think they are? A drug company?

BTW, Capt Bill11, do you work for Westerbeke, Ace or is it your brother in law? I really got screwed here so why are you in bed with these guys. I was VERY kiss ass, until I got enough, not abrasive at all but you seem to be sooooooooo understanding for their side,,, they family??
Mule is offline   Reply With Quote