Hope for our youth!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wifey B: I believe in the youth of today. Yes, I've had more contact with the good than the bad, but overall I have a lot more confidence in young people than in older adults who have really screwed the world up. We just know so many young people who are just beyond incredible and who I trust so much to make wise choices. :)

BandB; said:
I believe in the youth of today.
I know a lot of young people who are decent in spite of their parents. It always makes me cringe when I see parents raging at other drivers, being foul at hockey games, cheating, you name it, in front of impressionable youngsters.

True at many levels. Was reading about this today. The Obama girls at their first White House reception. The first photo is the shy 14YO Sasha meeting her heart throb Ryan Reynolds with her sister in the background.

1280_Sasha_Obama_Ryan_Reynolds_Malia_Obama.jpg

And every father on here can relate to this wonderful photo - Dad PLEEEEEESE can I try some champagne? PLEEEEEESE.

Barack-Obama-and-Malia-Obama-State-Dinner.jpeg

Wifey B: I believe in the youth of today. Yes, I've had more contact with the good than the bad,

Thats because despite what you hear on the news or read in the paper there are more good than bad!

Rob

I have hope in today's youth, albeit that could be a little bias. :D

Very moving, what a beautiful thing, but sadly, the country is still doomed.

Young Boaters

Not to hijack this thread but to add a nautical component to the recognition of our youth...

I have continued to be impressed with the youth in our USPS Squadrons Jr Sailing Program.

With the right encouragement, guidance and mentoring they have not only mastered many sailing skills but have traveled to the USPS National Conference to present the program to USPS Leadership. They have also written some pretty amazing articles for our Squadron newsletter.

I'm guessing many of us can relate stories about our youth and how we first got interested in boating
If you are passionate about boating look for ways to pass that on to our youth.
Reach out and provide some encouragement, guidance and you might be as impressed as I am with the results.

Seneca Squadron Youth Sailing Program -

Seneca Squadron Drum Newsletter - See Pg 5 Youth Committee Report

Last edited:
"Very moving, what a beautiful thing, but sadly, the country is still doomed."

Not till after gun confiscation, Hitler style.

Many may have seen this but for those that haven't, Gene Simmons tribute to our troops. Not our youth but people...entertainers, who many would not expect to respect our armed forces and what they are fighting for. This is worth watching all the way through.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom