Hello from a Daytona Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Savvy

Vessel Name
Woodstar
Vessel Make
Present 38
Hello to all of my fellow Freedom Lovers, :speed boat:

My First Mate (Coco Savvy) and I will be moving onto the Floating Palace this weekend!
We will continue the daily grind on shore to fill the piggy bank, but we have finally shed the dirt life.
Let's see how we get on 24/7 within the 38X14 confines, I suspect it will be filled with highs and lows....
I am sure I will find the Forum helpful for anything that arises and as an Aircraft Mechanic will add my technical expertise when I can.
Until then, smooth seas to all.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 248
Welcome aboard. Which marina are you in? We were at Halifax Harbor on Sunday.

Clogged Discharge Hose

I tried to tell the First Mate that using 14ft. of toilet paper each time you use the toilet is excessive and now she knows why, experience is the best teacher!

Complete disassembly of the Jabsco mechanism, only able to get 18" of a snake in the hose, diluted Muratic acid no effect, going to clamp a garden hose to it and try to blast it out!

As we go through life we make mistakes, many when we are young, fewer but more expensive ones as we get older.

Make shure which way you've got that thing pointed when doing the water blast. Don't ask me how I know.:eek: Friend also used a big wet-dry vac while squeezing hose with channel locks in the clog area, it pulled the clog but he was ready to shut her down when the clog came through. Otherwise you'll have a vac full of unsavory product and potentially explosive mixture (methane and electric motors don't mix well). I might add that he had the vac outside the boat and only the hose through the window, and the plug and extension cord in hand.:eek::eek:

Thanks for the advice Hustler, getting ready to put the pressure to it, fingers crossed. Results to follow....:popcorn:

The power of Hydraulics

UNCLOGGED :whistling:

Five pieces of inner tube wrapped around the end of a water hose, inserted into 1 1/2 Discharge Hose, double clamped with hose clamps slowly apply water pressure. Job Done!

I was not looking forward to replacing 18' of discharge hose in a Taiwanese Trawler due to toilet paper!

Best to all... :thumb:

Savvy

There are hose blasters at Home Depot, etc that that look like squeeze bulbs for outboards that when inserted into a pipe, and the garden hose turned on, they expand and force water in one direction, that of the clog.

Have no experience with them but they seem popular.

The best answer to on board toilet issues is to use single ply toilet paper.
Experiment with brands to find one that holds up when dry and breaks down when wet. ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom