Accomodations for Palm Beach (FL) Boat Show ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dune

Vessel Make
Viking 65 CP MY (run at trawler speeds !)
The 2016 show is March 17 thru 20 I think.... recommendations for hotels anywhere from West Palm Beach to an hour north of there under $160 a night ? (Just the two of us)

Trivago.com
Non Captain Obvious answers preferable....as in actual forum member experiences with lodging.... or does my maximum price point kill that possibility since most of you would tend toward something more of the Hyatt Regency ilk ? ;)

Whatever you decide, if you go to the show be real careful to keep an eye on your shoes. :ermm: I had an experience at that show. If a guy named Oliver is there, stay far away. :lol:

Non Captain Obvious answers preferable....as in actual forum member experiences with lodging.... or does my maximum price point kill that possibility since most of you would tend toward something more of the Hyatt Regency ilk ? ;)

It may be an obvious answer but it's a good one. Based on your price point for that area and time of year, I'm guessing it's one you haven't tried. Because if you had I think you would have found it's slim pickings for lodging with positive reviews at or below that price.

But hopefully some one has a recommendation for you at or below that price that doesn't require you to pack bed bug spray and ear plugs.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, there are some that might fit your needs in Boca Raton. A Townplace Suites by Marriott, a Best Western, and Travelocity has a $171 price at Hilton Garden Inn. I'd look at some sites and search and read reviews. 30 reviews on a site might tell you more than one person here could. I've never stayed in any of them, since I live here.

I will warn you this. Not because of the show, but because of the time of year, there is a shortage of rooms that will eliminate a lot more hotels between now and the show, so I'd recommend moving quickly.

I will warn you this. Not because of the show, but because of the time of year, there is a shortage of rooms that will eliminate a lot more hotels between now and the show, so I'd recommend moving quickly.
I know...I went last year....plus many other places in Florida that time of year...prices are outrageous until about the middle of April as I recall. Somehow SWMBO found a nice DoubleTree Inn room reasonable last year via one of the booking sites.

Re Trivago, that's the first place I looked and found some possibilities....was just hoping for some "insider scoop" on a place that might not list on lodging websites.

I know...I went last year....plus many other places in Florida that time of year...prices are outrageous until about the middle of April as I recall. Somehow SWMBO found a nice DoubleTree Inn room reasonable last year via one of the booking sites.

Re Trivago, that's the first place I looked and found some possibilities....was just hoping for some "insider scoop" on a place that might not list on lodging websites.

Lago Mar and Capri Apartments have decent reviews and rooms in the $120 range. You're not going to find a motel that isn't on the websites. However, if you wait another day or two, you won't find any at all. Towneplace Suites in Boca has a few rooms left at $151. All the places I just listed have only 1, 2 or 5 left at those prices.

Whatever you decide, if you go to the show be real careful to keep an eye on your shoes. :ermm: I had an experience at that show. If a guy named Oliver is there, stay far away. :lol:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Why'd you warn them. Back to the drawing board i go.:confused:

For something different, try www.airbnb.com

I have used it and it was kinda cool.....
That is interesting....all I clicked in Stuart were already booked except one, but it required a two night minimum stay. Does one escape the usual nutty local taxes added to hotel rooms when staying via airbnb ?

No taxes I think, but airbnb gets a cut....I stayed on a sailboat in Marina del Rey for 99 bucks a night where the hotels were 250 plus......

No taxes I think, but airbnb gets a cut....I stayed on a sailboat in Marina del Rey for 99 bucks a night where the hotels were 250 plus......
That is interesting...never thought about someone having their boat in that system. Can you specifically search for overnight boat lodging somehow or you just stumbled on that one ? And what was the sailboat exactly you got for that price ? Curious how large and nice (or not nice) it was.

Makes me ponder possibly renting out our boat that way....but then ours is so large and complex I'd worry about someone screwing up something rather expensive.

===============

As for what we did, staying Thursday night at Best Western in Stuart... $135 plus taxes.... feedback was "in between" smiley face on Trivago....i.e. not a smirk or broad smile, but in between :)

But cancellation is still possible if someone comes up with something even better in next few days..like staying on a boat IN the show !! :) (wonder if the show folks even allow that for the boat owners, much less interlopers like us !)

Last edited:
I used to stay at La Quinta on Okeechobee Blvd out West by the Fl. Turnpike.
It was about a thirty minute drive into the boat show.mreasonably priced and nicer than I expected.

how can we meet the Forum people?

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa
Sent from my iPhone, using Trawler Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom