You ever fall in the drink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don...sorry... Each and every event whether falling in, aground or towed could be anything from life threatening or comical. Didn't mean to poke fun at anyone except those that I feel will admit to falling in yet their pride about being a "captain" makes their memory fuzzy about other skills. I could be wrong but as long as I have been around boats at all levels and a tow guy for 13 years...I have heard a lot of "gray" stories.

If it ever happens again...and you get cut...just pour some of that green stuff Blue brought to the get together..bet it will work!

I slipped off a jetty back around when Jaws was filmed and the barnacles had their way with the backs of my legs...still have some small scars. Well, when the large cloud of red formed around me....some pretty scary thoughts almost made me walk on water.

Again sorry to all those that have had traumatic events...to all those closet grounders or tow jobs.....:lol:

Scott, that green stuff Blue gave me will work as a topical or internal infection fighter. Nothing can survive it.:D

No problem. I look back on stuff like that, and provided no real harm done see the humor in the situation. Why not? We may as well have a laugh. Does wonders for the attitude.

Mid 1960's, while at anchor... Saw my dad, fully clothed, long pants too, fall off transom while tying dink. He got back aboard so fast his wallet was still pretty dry inside. At first he was pissed with himself... then he lightened up and we all got to laughing!

Don....Always great to have a great woman and dog to help lick your wounds (actually the green stuff off them)....I'll bet they are better at making you feel better than fixing that radar had it gone in the drink!

Ouch on the hearing aids though....being a boater, can't find waterproof ones and 5200 the in like transducers?

I have been in the drink, from the dink.....perhaps caused by drink....

I have put rails on the swim platform to help prevent this from happening again. It also gives me something to tie the dinghy to without having lines go across the swim platform to the rear cleats, causing a trip hazard.

Attachments

• Railing.jpg
    Railing.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 58

I have put rails on the swim platform to help prevent this from happening again. It also gives me something to tie the dinghy to without having lines go across the swim platform to the rear cleats, causing a trip hazard.

That's really looking good, Blue. I may have to repossess the staples unless my commission check is forthcoming.:D

Might be one reason we don't have in the drink from the dink. We have a safety procedure which says the dinghy is always tied, front and back, to the platform before you board it. No dinghy floating away as you are about to step. Staples are great for tying.

Might be one reason we don't have in the drink from the dink. We have a safety procedure which says the dinghy is always tied, front and back, to the platform before you board it. No dinghy floating away as you are about to step. Staples are great for tying.

We used to have 11' inflatable w/ 8 hp Nissan o/b (see avatar). It was fun but limiting as to weight of people/items carried, local harbors/places to get to quickly for partying while Tollycraft is anchored, and storage of motor and the inflatable itself. Sipped gas.

For 6 + years we've had a tow behind, closed bow, mono hull runabout... 14'8" Crestliner with 50 hp Johnson (see attached). She's fairly quick [39.6 mph with just one) as well as being comfortable, dry and can hold four grown ups as well as items. Linda and I cruise her at 25 mph... = 20+/- mpg - not bad at all!

Currently we're looking at a 1976, 16' open bow, tri hull w/ 115 hp Johnson... just as cherry as our 1975 Crestliner and its 50 hp Johnson. This (new to us) tri hull baby could make a fine tow behind runabout and should be able to get into the low to mid 40's mph top-end range with just one person. Will also be able to carry more people and items. Fuel usage will probably drop down to 10 +/- mpg while cruising - not too shabby! My high performance muscle car - 67 Wildcat - doesn't do much better... especially when I have my foot in her 4-BBL Rochester Carb - which is often!! lol

Attachments

• DSCN1954.jpg
    DSCN1954.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN1955.jpg
    DSCN1955.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom