What is an Anchor Elbow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's one.

Attachments

• yhst-31755506130963_2143_17021405.gif
    yhst-31755506130963_2143_17021405.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 45
nomadwilly wrote:

PG,
*...that Danforth anchor looks for all the world to me to be a stainless steel Danforth. Could that be?
Eric, you are correct!

Carey wrote:

Here's one.

Isn't that part of a stanchion / life lines??* I don't have one of those in my anchor locker.

Carey could not fool us for long!**** JohnP

Carey--- You need to show these people your amazing shore power and fresh water hookup that works on any dock, anywhere. regardless of whether the dock is provided with power and water or not. It took a true stroke of genius to come up with the concept and if you weren't so damned lazy you could be making millions with it. Every boater in the world would want one of these so as to have 30 amp groundpower and fresh water at any dock, anywhere, anytime. You know how many people at Sucia come up and ask to use your power or water when you have the unit set up over there. Now multiply that by the number of boaters on the planet. You would make Bill Gates look like an apple seller on a corner during the Depression.

Pineapple Girl wrote:
Carey wrote:

Here's one.

Isn't that part of a stanchion / life lines??* I don't have one of those in my anchor locker.

I hear you, but West Marine calls it an Anchor Elbow. Who am I to criticize what someone else stores in their anchor locker.*
no.gif

Marin wrote:

Carey--- You need to show these people your amazing shore power and fresh water hookup that works on any dock, anywhere. regardless of whether the dock is provided with power and water or not. It took a true stroke of genius to come up with the concept and if you weren't so damned lazy you could be making millions with it. Every boater in the world would want one of these so as to have 30 amp groundpower and fresh water at any dock, anywhere, anytime. You know how many people at Sucia come up and ask to use your power or water when you have the unit set up over there. Now multiply that by the number of boaters on the planet. You would make Bill Gates look like an apple seller on a corner during the Depression.
MarinI'll have to do that photo session next time we go to Sucia. It must be seen in all it's glory.
When our forum friends see it, they will no longer question why I am resisting the addition of a gen set on my boat.

Carey wrote:

Pineapple Girl wrote:
*Carey wrote:

Here's one.

I hear you, but West Marine calls it an Anchor Elbow. Who am I to criticize what someone else stores in their anchor locker.*
no.gif

Sigh.* These dang Tawainese Trawlers.* No anchor elbow in the anchor locker.*
confuse.gif

Your boat sure is pretty Carey.*
smile.gif

Pineapple Girl wrote:

Carey wrote:

Pineapple Girl wrote:
Carey wrote:

Here's one.

no.gif

Sigh.* These dang Tawainese Trawlers.* No anchor elbow in the anchor locker.*
confuse.gif

Your boat sure is pretty Carey.*
smile.gif

JenniferYou had me at "Your boat sure is pretty Carey".*
no.gif
Thanks!

Actually, I have to say that Tom White must be right on this one. Must have been a brief moment of dislexia on behalf of the surveyor.

Hey guys - I've had a thought - no quips now, I do have them occasionally - could the anchor elbow thingy be the shiney (meant to be polished) bow protector some vessels have there just under the sprit? Nordys spring to mind. Do you have one of those Pineapplegirl? If so maybe that needs a bit of spit and polish. If not my idea's cactus. It came to me when I thought of how some people wear jackets with leather protectors over the point of wear at the elbow...waddayathink...?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom