Ford Lehman 135 is it the same as a Sabre Lehman 135 hp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colin Voyager

Vessel Name
WyRow
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42 Classic
I came across a speed curve and fuel consumption curve. Transmission gear ratio, propeller size and pitch are the same as mine, but it is titled Sabre Lehman.

Perhaps they meant the Perkins Sabre 135. I have seen a few mix up the Lehman and the Perkins engines since they both have 135's and both were made in England.

Lehman in the US marinized the Ford blocks. Sabre in UK marinized the same Ford blocks. Same base engines, the add on bits to make them marine are not the same.

I came across a speed curve and fuel consumption curve. Transmission gear ratio, propeller size and pitch are the same as mine, but it is titled Sabre Lehman.

Different or not, the actual Ford Lehman speed/fuel consumption curves are readily available. If you can't find them I have them and could send them to you.

Ken

Colin,
There is no "Sabre Lehman".
There is a Sabre engine and a Lehman engine and as Ski points out they are both English Ford engines. Both 380 cu in. But marinized by different companies.

I'm quite sure the fuel consumption curves are the same or close enough to use. However the artifical prop load used to create the curve could be different .. but I doubt it. Look at the Lehman curve and the Sabre. The fact that they call the curve that you have "Sabre Lehman" it may have been created for both.

They probably cover both. Many manuals cover extremely simillar machines. GM Prizm and Toyota Corolla for example.

RT it is my bedtime.
Too tired to look for my contradiction.
If this is a game I'll be back in the am PT.

Lehman in the US marinized the Ford blocks. Sabre in UK marinized the same Ford blocks. Same base engines, the add on bits to make them marine are not the same.

Definitely right.
Like the difference between Ford Lehman 120hp and Ford Watermota 120hp. The same engines marinized by Lehman or Watermota.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom