View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
Baker
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Galveston Bay boaters(Our home turf)

I just wanted to share a few photos of the lay of the land where we boat.* I was sitting behind my computer when my phone rang.* It was Hugh...he is on here but hasn't been here in awhile.* He said that he had a Cessna 172 ready to go and asked if I wanted to go flying.* I was right in the middle of something and my initial response was "no".* But then I thought I hadn't been in a small airplane in so long so I called him back and said to COME ON!!!* SO I went up with hugh and got some great pics.

I think we all take for granted to some degree the life that we are able to live around the water.* I live 3 miles from my boat and very often just go down there and untie and take a cruise.* We are very fortunate to be able to something like that.* Anyway. I will post these pics in series.

This first one is pretty much of the whole Clear Lake area(we are looking West/Northwest).* "Clear Lake" first off, is not clear.* Secondly, it is not a lake.* It is actually a wide part of Clear Creek.* Clear Creek is the County Line between Harris and Galveston Counties.* In the very foreground is Galveston Bay.* In the background you can see downtown Houston(the visibility was great and a great day for flying).* The first part of land is the Kemah(Tx) Boardwalk which is the showpiece of Landry's Corp.*
Attached Thumbnails
a (1774 x 1116).jpg  
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote