Where to get this hose?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Britannia

Wannabe
Vessel Name
Stillwater
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
I have a tapered hose on the raw water intake to my John Deere 6068T. It goes from 1.25" ID to 1.5" ID and is 2.5" long. Does anyone know where I could get a replacement?

It looks like this

IMG_3535.jpg

Thanks

Richard

That looks like something from the plumbing section at the hardware store. They have reducers in various sizes.

Had one on my northern lights generator. I would try a marine engine shop that deals with JD or northern lights. I am sure it is a simple part to find.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum
Capt. Don

Have 2 similar hoses on my 4045 John Deere. Recognizing that they would be tough to find when cruising, so I bought a spare of each from the dealer. Don't remember them being outrageous price wise. Sometimes it's just better to buy the smaller items from the dealer and save the time looking.

Ted

Plumbing dept of hardware store. Lowes ,Ace, Home depot etc. They are made in numerous size configs for pipe repairs and emergency joints odd sized connections. I keep a selection on board.

You can buy Silicone reducers here for about $10 in lots of ID combinations. Since they are designed for Automotive Turbo use, temperatures shouldn't be an issue...Their quality is excellent.

Intake Pipe Reducer

Last edited:
Thanks everyone - it looks like there are a couple of places to buy these online. I'll get a spare since I can't just cut one from stock hose.

Much appreciated

Richard

Take it off and hand it to the counter guy at a NAPA.

Yup! I have had considerable success matching changes in angle and diameter this way. It largely depends on the experience and attitude of the guy/gal behind the counter.

I did go to my local NAPA yesterday and the guy took me back to look at what they had. Unfortunately nothing was suitable. I'll be ordering online today.

Thanks

Richard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom