What's everybody doing ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Took a week off work and had a list of things to do on the boat. Two days into the holiday we became foster parents to two siblings under 3 years old who needed a safe port in their stormy lives. A slight reduction in expectations regarding boat maintenance was in order due to parasitic time absorption capacity of toddlers. Managed to sneak away for four hours today to scrub the winter green slime off Badger.

Last edited:
Took a week off work and had a list of things to do on the boat. Two days into the holiday we became foster parents to two siblings under 3 years old who needed a safe port in their stormy lives. A slight reduction in expectations regarding boat maintenance was in order due to parasitic time absorption capacity of toddlers. Managed to sneak away for four hours today to scrub the winter green slime off Badger.

My admiration to you. It's amazing what some have encountered in their lives at such an early age. Now the great part in their lives is that much of what happens before the age of three leaves their memory and will be replaced with love provided after that age.

It's amazing what some have encountered in their lives at such an early age. Now the great part in their lives is that much of what happens before the age of three leaves their memory and will be replaced with love provided after that age.

...with the great hope their parent(s) can successfully jump whatever hurdles have created this situation, and a family can be reunited.

I don't winterize, but I'll drink to that. Hell, I'll drink to anything!

img_421014_0_e48f6b2229155617dca1182de85fc0eb.jpg

Cheers!!

Al, sounds like you should live in Destin FL. They claim to be ":Da small drinking village with a fishing problem".:D

...with the great hope their parent(s) can successfully jump whatever hurdles have created this situation, and a family can be reunited.

The ones we deal with most are the ones where that hope is not reasonable and being reunited would be the worse thing that could happen. Perhaps in the situation you're fostering that is a real possibility.

The Jerry Land is getting new thruhulls and seacocks on Monday after being in since 1970. Insurance is making me change to full flow ball valves. Hopefully 3 days and back in the water for the season.

Kudos to you and your wife, Murray. What a huge difference you're making in their young lives. Kids need stability and you're providing that for them during turbulent times.

Al, sounds like you should live in Destin FL. They claim to be ":Da small drinking village with a fishing problem".:D

I really enjoyed Destin last May when I visited for a week, but a week in that humidity was enough for me. Heck, it was only about 82*F but it felt like 100*F to us. We got out on a charter boat together but my brothers and I did more drinking than fishing there!

The ones we deal with most are the ones where that hope is not reasonable and being reunited would be the worse thing that could happen. Perhaps in the situation you're fostering that is a real possibility.

It takes a village...there are many layers to a social safety net...etc...

Had a nice break in the weather, so brought the boat up to SB. Saw a couple of different pods of whales. Had a humpback pretty much breach about 500' off, then had these guys pop up right off the bow (luckily I was up there with the phone.)

Got measured in for our slip, which I never in a million years thought I'd be able to pull off. I've been sitting down here on the boat waiting for the office to open so I can go sign my life away to keep it.

ForumRunner_20160304_095311.jpg

ForumRunner_20160304_095323.jpg

ForumRunner_20160304_095342.jpg

The daughter woke me up at 2 am and have now surfed around TF for about an hour or so, time to sleep.... -10 C and ~50 cm of snow here in northen Sweden so no cruising, "MATHILDA" is still in warm storage for a couple of months. Good night Zzzzzz...

Hi Bruce,
Sounds like a plan!
Do you happen to know what the anchorages are like?
Relying on aging memory, the prominent waterfront building was a shed for loading bananas, so I think there is access. Relying on Google, there is entry by a gap in the surrounding reef. We flew there from the capital, on what was even then a near museum piece De Havilland with 4 piston engines which sounded like a WW2 bomber, crossing a huge and beautiful lagoon littered with small islands. I`ve done plenty of traveling, but Aitutaki stays in memory.

Murray-you and your wife have my admiration also. I do some work with Big Brothers and some tutoring through a Boys Club. Those family situations are all too common. You have the chance to have a positive impact on those young lives. As to toddlers, I can appreciate the time issue. My neighbor and his wife, less than a year after his retirement, had to take over parenting his son's daughters, 6 and 3. Seems one forgets how time consuming it is once ones own have grown up! Best of luck to you, and turn them into boaters!

Had a nice break in the weather, so brought the boat up to SB. Saw a couple of different pods of whales. Had a humpback pretty much breach about 500' off, then had these guys pop up right off the bow (luckily I was up there with the phone.)

Got measured in for our slip, which I never in a million years thought I'd be able to pull off. I've been sitting down here on the boat waiting for the office to open so I can go sign my life away to keep it.

]

Stunning photos ! Many thanks.

Bygge,
Yup better stay in hibernation.
Like your boat. Looks like it has the "common to Sweedish boats" .. aft cabin. We had an Albin25 for 6 years. One of the best boats in the world. Chris liked the aft cabin to spread out her clothes and do other girl things in there. Was handy for stroage. But why is the aft cabin so popular there?

What's everybody doing?

Stella's still shrink wrapped at Worton Creek. We're in Paris for a week . . . climbed the bell tower at Notre Dame this morning and got a stunning view of the Seine. When not sightseeing, I'm reading TF and planning a major electrical project on the Defever (new house bank, alternators, Balmar smart regulators and Centerfielder, inverters/charger, all new associated wiring, switches, breakers/fusing and a complete replacement of the bonding system). Fun times.

Wifey B: Ok, you guys ready to be shocked? :eek: We're in the office today. Working. Both of us. :)

Over the weekend, I made patterns for exterior window shades. I had created the big one for the windshield back in the fall and we just now fitted it and marked for adjustments. Now that Spring is showing signs of arriving, I want to make sure these are done and installed before the hot temps arrive!!

Today, in cube world. :ermm:

Paris Landing just put in new pump out . Fast and quiet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
A week off work + a case of mast compression = little time to get bored.

Just got back from a 4 day club cruise to Genoa Bay on Vancouver Island. 47 club boats in attendance with dock space at a premium and 7 no shows scared of a little rain I guess.

It was the annual "Crabby Cruise", not named for the temperament of the boaters but for Dungeness crab feast on Saturday night. Now time for a day of boat cleaning.................:thumb:

I'am doing a boat projects that involves drilling holes in my boat, I really hate adding holes. Sometimes it's necessary to add holes, installing new electronics is one of those times and at least they are well above the waterline. I'am also enjoying the great weather we're having here on the upper Mississippi River.

Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Wifey B: Hubby and I got out by ourselves today. Romantic. Shot across to Cat Cay for lunch. (Only an hour and a half from home). Then we'll head back home soon. Silly, but so nice out. When we get home....jacuzzi, champagne, strawberries, chocolate and finger foods later. We were on the water all weekend but with several others. About to start the loop with others. This is just our day. :D

If you could be anywhere in the world?

Haven't we all been asked that. Well, I'm there. Always there. :dance:

Joy has been taking the helm more these days .:flowers:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 62
Sitting on the balcony of the Sea Hag Marina in Steinhatchee, drinking coffee and watching all the small bay boats leaving for a days fishing. Mostly couples but great to see several all women crews going out.

Life is wonderful!

LI Sound Cruise

We were the only ones out on the sound for a beautiful 3 day weekend.

Building a dirt house. Basically a remodel by "Caterpillar". My job is to try to get people to do things. Living on the boat right behind the house in the meantime. Still have chill deep in the bones from the winter. Will take a month of heat to cook it out of me.

Attachments

• House 26apr2016 014.JPG
    House 26apr2016 014.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 75
Trolling around on TF taking care of my finger I cut up yesterday working on my anchor rode. Got too aggressive w the long fish knife. Five or so stitches.

Attachments

• DSCF2167 copy.jpg
    DSCF2167 copy.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 81
Mike,
No .... Left thumb.
Can't belive how much I use my thumb. Shower now w hand up high. Bahhhhh

Ouch Eric , well at least you hurt it doing something you love , messing with anchors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom