View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #14
FlyWright
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
All boats are different, but here's a shot at my numbers as a point of comparison. The items below are items that are typically operated at anchor:

12V: LED interior and exterior lights, stereo, TV, freshwater pump, multiple fans, multiple laptop and device chargers, electric head, 12V Norcold fridge/freezer, 2nd fridge running on 1000W inverter. Two bilge pumps are 12V but they never come on so they're not a factor in my electrical budget. I have lots of minor loads like tank monitors that really don't affect the numbers.

Propane: stove, oven and heat.

110V (Shore power or Honda Generator): 55A shore charger, 110V feed to Norcold Fridge, microwave, electric ceramic heaters.

My house bank is a 660AH bank of 6 golf cart batteries which gives me 330AH to play with. I use 150-180AH per day, so I can get 2 days without recharging if I'm careful. Typically, I run the generator 2-4 hrs per day to keep up, usually in the morning for coffee and evening for shower and dinner prep. If I had solar, I could probably do without the Honda gen.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote