Outside window trim Taiwan Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BobH

Guru
Vessel Name
Encore
Vessel Make
Whitby 42
The outside window frames on the big salon windows have a channel in which the mounting screws sit. On two of the frames there is a rubber strip snapped into the channel to hide the screws. Two of the windows the rubber is totally missing. It's a 38' Present built in Taiwan in '86.

Looking for a source to replace the rubber/plastic strip. I have a picture, will upload it as soon as I can figure out how. The picture is on my tablet.

Thanks,

Bob

here is a picture, maybe.

Attachments

• Window.jpg
    Window.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 96
BobH, I posted nearly the same picture of my window strip a few months ago as I have the same problem with my 1985 Taiwanese trawler windows. This trim is hard to match and I have looked when time permits. If I can locate something, I will let you know.
The replies I had were to use a black marine sealant and apply with a putty knife (after some practice) into the channels and seal the window screw threads and reinstall first. The trim only hides the screws, but I like it in place.

Thanks for the replies. I'll try trimlok when I get a chance and let you know if I find anything. I cut off a piece of the trim so I have dimensions.

Bob

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1457123043.158554.jpg

The top is the product I bought from Sheridan Marine. The right is what I am replacing.

That sure looks the same. Guess we would need to measure the width to be sure it fits. Thank you so much!

OK, I'm so excited I measured mine just now. The 9mm seems to be perfect! Now, another job on the list to get done!

Mine looks also like 9mm. Any issues with shipping or payment?

The only shipping destinations given are in Europe. How do you specify a US address?

I have not gotten that far. Need to measure the number of meters I will need. I want to do all the windows. I may drop them a note Monday. perhaps they have a US distributor/dealer.

I had to call them to make the order. They were easy to work with over the phone. I did not have any problem with the shipping. They sell this product by the meter so you will need to brush up on your metric system.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom