View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #15
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
Proper Prop

Quote:
Jay N wrote:

At my marina,*at any time during the summer, there*will be boats in the work yard having propeller/shaft work done.* And every one of them is a twin.
Again, depends on the area and, obviously, the boater.* There is a big yard in our marina and we see what's in it and what's going on every time we go to the boat, which is just about every weekend year round.* I've never counted, but we've seen a number of single engine boats (power and sail) having prop damage work done on them and a number of twin engine boats having prop or shaft damage work done on them.* And while I don't know that many boaters in the overall scheme of things, I actually know more boaters with single engine boats (power and sail) who have told me over the years about prop strike damage than I do owners of twin engine boats who've told me the same thing.

Not arguing your experience at all, just saying that in ours, it seems to be six of one, half dozen of the other with regard to people who have actually experienced a prop strike severe enough to damage something.* Maybe there are more inattentive boaters in Bellingham than there are in Edmonds

As you say, the insurance adjusters are probably the only ones with data to prove anything one way or the other.

-- Edited by Marin on Saturday 12th of February 2011 05:39:16 PM
Marin is offline   Reply With Quote