AirSep Air Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hmason

Guru
Vessel Name
Lucky Lucky
Vessel Make
Pacific Mariner 65
It's time to replace my AirSep filters on my CAT 3116 turbos. The filters are mfg for Cat by K&N but you can only by them from an authorized Cat service center. I've called K&N and they will be of no help. NAPA can't match them either. So I ordered them from Cat.

Much to my surprise, when I opened the package the invoice enclosed stated "Racor filters." They "looked" the same as the K&N but much to my surprise, they are a fraction of an inch wider in diameter at both the base and the top than the K&Ns I removed. The darn things won't fit. I guess it's back to the Cat service center on Monday.

Does anyone know how to buy the K&Ns without the rip off price at Cat? How about you Parks? Thanks all.

Beyond the price, I would think that it would be nice to be able to use a filter that was easy and quick to find.

Since they are made by K&N, why couldn't use the K&N kit that cleans the filter? I've had a K&N filter on my truck for years and just clean it once a year.

Why wouldn't that work on the K&N filters on the Cats?

Since they are made by K&N, why couldn't use the K&N kit that cleans the filter? I've had a K&N filter on my truck for years and just clean it once a year.

Why wouldn't that work on the K&N filters on the Cats?

I have been cleaning them for years as well. My Cat mechanic said they have reached the end of their life and should be replaced. When they remain black after cleaning and oiling they should be replaced.

I have DDs I did a Google search and found them online. I'm sure yours are there as well.

It's time to replace my AirSep filters on my CAT 3116 turbos.
This is probably of no interest to you but I removed my AirSep filters and install SBMar's envirovent system. Now instead of re-introducing any blow-by or other gunk back into the crackcase like the AirSep system does it's collected into a "puke" bottle that is periodically emptied. The kit from SBMar includes new air filters.

This is probably of no interest to you but I removed my AirSep filters and install SBMar's envirovent system. Now instead of re-introducing any blow-by or other gunk back into the crackcase like the AirSep system does it's collected into a "puke" bottle that is periodically emptied. The kit from SBMar includes new air filters.

Interesting. I have contacted the company to see if they have filters for my CAT 3208T/A.

An added benefit for me was I used the hose on the AirSep that went to the crankcase and re-routed it to an oil change pump. Changing oil is much easier now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom