Oil pads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawgwash

Guru

Attachments

• es15_38.jpg
    es15_38.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 453
Yup, made by the AU company Global Spill Control.

I can't seem to find any suppliers either. 3M makes a product that is somewhat similar. A 50' roll of folded material that is 5" wide folded but unfolds to 18". It is perforated every 16" designed so it can be ripped off much like TP. So each section give you a 18x16" pad. Looks like it would be a convenient way to carry a bunch of absorbent pads that could also double as a boom.
104462_MMM_PFL550DD_PPM

That's what I saw Dave. Not sure if it was 3M though. Very easy storage. I now have a line on it locally and will drop into the local chandler today.

holy moly, fisheries supply in seattle sells the absorb pads by the truck load! probly get them at any place like tacoma diesel, williams oil in tacoma, etc

Well, I ain't holy and I ain't moly and I know where to get pads by the truck load. Just not these ones, yet.

Yeah, I linked the listing at fisheries. I imagine that Clyde is right and Williams Oil probably carries them. With my limited time, I don't like running down to the Tacoma tide flats if I don't have to.

I have a nephew that works for 3M. When he comes to visit he brings lots of 3M swag that employees get to pick through. I wonder if he could snag a box for me?

dhays; said:
I have a nephew that works for 3M. When he comes to visit he brings lots of 3M swag that employees get to pick through. I wonder if he could snag a box for me?
Preferably a box with something in it, eh?

$53 at Amazon.
I like the idea, wish I hadn't just bought a box of the flat ones!
I just found them in the catalogue at the local ships store.
$130. Really? I know our dollar is in the terlet but gimme a break already.

Pretty well any industrial supply house sells them in bulk for about $0.50 each. In either country.
Stay away from Fastenal though they're the WM of industry.

That's why I read this forum. I see I need to stock that.

Way back in the old days, when I was but a wee, teenage lad working as a mate on a fishing boat out of Carolina Beach, the Cap't used Kotex under his old DD-671's as oil pads. As I recall, they worked pretty well.

Vancouver Boat show. I bought 2 large packs of "pigs" for $20. I'm pretty sure it was from "Industrial Plastics and Paint." I get a bunch every year. Unfortunately, the cat got into them and tore them up a bit.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Nice one RT. I type like the sloth.

I buy them in 100 pads increments at about US $0.50 each for the pads that are something like 15x18 inches. They might not be as compact as the example in post #1, but they're very absorbent. If you own Perkins engines, that's an important feature.

If you own Perkins engines, that's an important feature.

LOL! When we had our Perkins, I used to always tell people, "It's like a Harley Davidson. If it's not leaking oil, you know you're out of oil." ;)

For now, i buy the pads -- when time comes (chanca sooner then later) i'll use depends, but then that will depend, should i need to depend on said depends.

Back
Top Bottom