Supersize me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
We'll we have put a Defever 48 Tri-cabin under contract. These have always been one of my favorites in that you get the space of the aft cabin yet the decks are covered like our sedan, best of both worlds to me. They are very sea kindly boats with a low center of gravity and the flybridge helm well back in the comfortable motion area. The only thing I don't like is the twins although they are Lehman's which I know very well. My engine room headroom is going from 30" to 70", there is a God!! Pics are of various 48's. I'll let you know how the survey goes.

Attachments

• 1793862_2.jpg
    1793862_2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 1698542_19.jpg
    1698542_19.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 1593771_25.jpg
    1593771_25.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 93
  • 1665529_1.jpg
    1665529_1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 1654274_7.jpg
    1654274_7.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 96
  • 1736430_2.jpg
    1736430_2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 88
Very nice.* Good luck, and I hope she surveys out for you.

I have always admired this model Defever.* Congrats and Good Luck!!!* JohnP

That's awesome Daddyo! Did you sell your marine trader or are you gonna use her as a dinghy to your new ride? :)

Seriously- congrats. That is great to hear!

That's not going to suck at all.

Nice boat.* When is the survey?

Good luck.

Sounds like a great boat - we have friends with a similar DeFever and they love it! *The engine room access is fabulous! *Can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Daddyo

My 2003 48 (hull #168)*is one of the last ones made. They are great in very bad weather too. Call me if you need any suggestions for look at points for survey. 801 673 2924

Woodsong wrote:

That's awesome Daddyo! Did you sell your marine trader or are you gonna use her as a dinghy to your new ride? :)

Seriously- congrats. That is great to hear!
No haven't sold the 36' yet but lots of activity. I'm excited and apprehensive as hell about the Defever. She is one hell of a lot of boat when your used to a 36' single.

We'll it's official we now have 84' of boat. Closed today on the Defever! The 84' is both our 36MT and the 48Defever and that doesn't include the two dinghies, a 11' hard shell Puffin rowing/power and a 12' Boston Whaler with a center mounted wheel.

-- Edited by Daddyo on Friday 11th of February 2011 11:15:45 PM

It's now a fact... You can be happy for you and envious at the exact same moment! So... Congrats and good luck all at the same time. Enjoy the new (as-if!) and good luck selling the old.

Congratulations, Daddyo!* That is a great cruising boat.* We will have to meet up along the way to take a look at it* Are you still going to be cruising out of Daltaville?.

-- Edited by Moonstruck on Friday 11th of February 2011 09:24:59 PM

Congrats Daddyo! That is great but you gotta post pictures! :)

Daddyo wrote:

We'll it's official we now have 84' of boat. Closed today on the Defever! The 84' is both or 36MT and the 48Defever and that doesn't include the*

Well ain't that just grand! For us poor ol' prospective buyers, it's like one of the prettiest girls in town just got hitched!* Off the market.* I'm so freakin' jealous!** KJ

-- Edited by KJ on Friday 11th of February 2011 11:27:46 PM

Thanks Guys for all the great thoughts and words! Prettiest girl, wow! Now there's nothing left to do but thousands of hours of TLC and boat bucks! Yep as of now planning on cruising out of Deltaville but who knows, she's got the range to cross the pond.

Welcome to the happy family of Defever owners, we love ours...................Arctic Taveller

Shew.....that is, indeed, a big jump. *Nothing you can't handle Daddyo. *Just remember when you pull away at the dock with a line left untied, it's liable to take the dock with it now. *That engine room is a dream of mine. *One day.
ashamed.gif

Is yours the Florida boat shown as "Sale Pending" on YW? Looks like you had a motivated seller there, looking at comp asking prices.
Al Ross

Old Stone,
Please no apology! Thanks for the great advise! No I'm not used to the extra 30,000 lbs or twins. I could pick spinach out of your teeth with my 36' single but nearly everything about this beast will be new. Once it gets out of the canal behind the owner's house I plan to practice plenty. Her new name is "Amazing Grace" as all of our boats have been named. The dink is "Amen".

I am in Boyinton Beach* shopping for a trawler right now,looking for a 36, sedan,hmm, Its still pretty cold up north aye. BB

Mark- that boat was listed by our office! Hope the deal went smooth!!

950 gallons fuel, 500 gallons water....you can GO for a while now.

Woodsong wrote:
Mark- that boat was listed by our office! Hope the deal went smooth!!

950 gallons fuel, 500 gallons water....you can GO for a while now.

Woodsong,
I thought that was you. I was in Franks condo last week talking about you. Congrats on the exclusive! Actually this boat has the extra tanks which i think puts it up around 1100 gallons but i need to confirm the numbers before I head to Portofino.

Small world eh?! Yes- the exclusive @ Island Cove will hopefully prove to be a pretty good set up for all parties and I am definitely excited about it.

1,100 gallons? Come swing up to the TN River and pick me up before you head out to Gibraltar!!!

Congrats....and yes....DeFever knows what is important ref their engine room design. They are always nice on those boats!!!

Might this be big enough?

Attachments

• navy tri.jpg
    navy tri.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 57
wow, congrats. sure looks like a sweet boat and Defevers get lots of praise.
i went from no boat to a 38' twin and there is a learning curve for sure.
surprised to near the current doesnt effect handling but that sure is nice, nothing like current to throw you off when berthing.

how does this boat perform? cruise speed? range?

Back
Top Bottom