View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 05:14 PM   #40
clynn

City: Memphis
Vessel Name: Ivory Lady
Vessel Model: 46 Jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTEDAVIS View Post
Why not ask the question on the dock where you will be using the actual boat and not take advice from people 2000 miles away in conditions completely different then you are in?
I would ask others on my dock, but my boat is on the Mississippi River in Memphis which is not exactly a boating Mecca. There may be two other boats with teak at my marina and they make my bright work look good...you saw my pictures, right? That is why I asked this forum, which has been a wealth of knowledge on other issues.

I keep my boat is a covered slip, not unlike Al, so his experience would likely be similar to my own. Marty also gave his feedback (including inspiring pictures) which matched Al's. His marina, which is where my boat lived for years, is only a 100 miles or so away. If I was in Florida with you, your experience would be more meaningful to me, but I'm not going to experience your conditions, therefore my results would vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltexflanc View Post
There's obviously a lack of understanding (or basic research into) as to the difference between Epifane's classic varnishes and the Wood Finish product. That's always a big issue I have with these social media forums and other "crowd sourced" venues... making them an almost useless resource for the naive.
True, but only if you blindly follow what others post. Coupled with your own research and discernment, the experiences of others can be a valuable resource.
clynn is offline   Reply With Quote