"CloudFlare" errors while using TF today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been consistently getting error pages from "CloudFlare" today while using TF. Any idea what that is? Sounds like some sort of Akamai caching service, but I really don't know. Sometime I have to go all the way back to trawlerform.com homepage to get things working again.

You have been watching The IT crowd, haven't you......Yes, Roy, I turned it off and back on again.

You might want to try unplugging and plugging your tablet back in. :rofl::lol:

I've recently noticed several problems while on TF website. Doesn't happen every time I log on. Started little over a week ago. Sometimes it freezes. Sometimes the "thanks" icon will not allow me to punch it up. Occasionally a post page will double load, i.e. same page directly over itself.

TF is the only site I'm currently experiences trouble with. Had IT group check computer via remote - twice... she's clear and OK.

I run a E5540 Dell Latitude with W7 Professional.

That show was a doc-u-drama of the last 40 years of my life.

We are getting off track (or maybe not), but if you lived that over the past 30-40 years, check out "Halt and Catch Fire". I stumbled onto it on Netflix, and is a great illustration of the early personal computer industry. Aaahhh, the memories.

Actually it is a TF problem, as Chrome tells me it's happening between Newark and TF server.

Also, having the same trouble with Cruiser Forum.

Started yesterday.

I just received Cloudflare error 522 but a few minutes ago. It said there was an error with TF servers responding and to try again in a few minute and voila here i am.

Glad I don't know what you all are talking about. I have never seen such a thing. Have seen occasional database errors every day or so usually early in the morning.

Cloudflare is a commercial firewall that we use to protect the site from DDoS attacks and other flotsam. This is a relatively recent addition and we have had been doing some tweaking to find a good balance between increased security and obstructive practice. We're still getting this dialed in and appreciate your patience.

No issues on Mac so far, and I'm on at least twice a day...

I have noticed when I first sign on, using ME, TF front page loads half way down. Instead of the top of the page, it loads with the forum menus part.

We are getting off track (or maybe not), but if you lived that over the past 30-40 years, check out "Halt and Catch Fire". I stumbled onto it on Netflix, and is a great illustration of the early personal computer industry. Aaahhh, the memories.

halt and catch fire is almost hard to watch. Desoldering a socketed chip and then pulling out the rom chip from it's socket?

it's entertainment but only if you don't know what you're looking at in detail.

halt and catch fire is almost hard to watch. Desoldering a socketed chip and then pulling out the rom chip from it's socket?

it's entertainment but only if you don't know what you're looking at in detail.

Yes, Hollywood has never been big on details.

Cloudflare is a commercial firewall that we use to protect the site from DDoS attacks and other flotsam. This is a relatively recent addition and we have had been doing some tweaking to find a good balance between increased security and obstructive practice. We're still getting this dialed in and appreciate your patience.

Thanks for the explanation.:popcorn:

The downside of those error messages is that I lost two posts.:eek:

But it's been doing well the last few days.:thumb:

First two pages froze and had to renew. Just a minute ago I was typing this and it froze too... needed to renew, lost what I'd typed... this time seems to be OK. Been since last Thurs since I signed into TF; just came on few minutes ago.

I run Dell PC w/ MS 7 Pro

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom