Seattle area liveaboard moorage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teamgopher

Hi There,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering if anyone had an advice on finding a liveaboard slip in Seattle? Anywhere on Lake Union, Lake Washington, or possibly somewhere on the Sound would be great. I've asked around at a few marinas, and many have a wait list of a year or more.

Any ideas?

You might try Canal Marina on Ewing St. We will be vacating a 40' slip in April.

Everret has vacant slips and allow live a board. Brakish water, sound access and pump out service.

Both Shilshole and Elliot Bay Marina both accept liveaboards at an extra cost. Finding a liveaboard slip in Lake Union would be the biggest challenge. If you are willing to look out of town, Bremerton or Port Orchard Marina's allow liveaboards.

Shilshole has a waiting list. But there are some liveaboard slips available for sublet. There is a list on the bulletin board right outside the office and the office has the info as well.

The Bremerton Marina booth at the boat show was advertising one year of moorage and the second year free, or something very similar. It has always been cheaper moorage than Seattle, but this deal makes it tempting to move.

Elliott Bay Marina no longer accepts liveaboards.

FYI to the OP, we vacated our covered slip at the Canal Marina today. Heading north soon. I'm not sure if the slip is reserved already or not, but if interested give Dick a call @+1 (206) 282-6767

Bremerton has strong tidal flow on the flood, and is right next to the ferry terminal. Lots of open slips...

Back
Top Bottom