Old 02-22-2016, 10:23 AM   #17
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Guru

City: Inside Passage Summer/Columbia River Winter
Vessel Name: Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Model: 1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkasprzak View Post
I am in the middle of trying to determine why the Vacuflush pump is short cycling for the forward head. The back story is this.

Originally the pump jammed, and due to a combination of not knowing how the pump is designed along with the way it is installed (could not see the cam eccentric) I inadvertantly loosened the main body clamp. At that point I realized what I had done so I just removed the pump assembly so I could better work on it to put it back together. I reinstalled the assembly then it started cycling about every 10 minutes. Thinking I may have a loose hose clamp or something along those lines I tightened the nipples on both sides where the duckbills are installed along with the main body clamp and all hose clamps. After that....it cycled about every two minutes.

Thinking I may have damaged an o-ring or a duckbill I removed the assembly again, ordered a rebuild kit with all new duckbills, o-rings and bellows assembly. Put all the new parts in the pump and just completed reinstalling it. I still have the exact same issue, the pump cycles about 4 strokes every two minutes or so.

Now, I am looking for troubleshooting advice. Logic tells me that since it WAS NOT cycling before it jammed and now does after I took the pump apart I still don't have the pump put together properly. My only hesitancy with that scenario is the pump is very simple and all of the work was done on a bench with no problems. Any advice on which way to go with troubleshooting and what to look for next...
OK so what was your solution? Don't leave us hanging....
Alaskan Sea-Duction is offline   Reply With Quote