TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really sorry I couldn't make it. It was just too soon after the boat show.

No worries Parks, West Marine showed up with some freebies and picked up the slack. :rolleyes:

Ted

No worries Parks, West Marine showed up with some freebies and picked up the slack. :rolleyes:

Ted

I was impressed when they made all of us Lifetime Corporate Spokespersons with that 75% discount on all products. :D

I was impressed when they made all of us Lifetime Corporate Spokespersons with that 75% discount on all products. :D

Still 50% higher than the Marine Liquidators.

Greetings,
Good to know I'm loved. As an alternative, can I bum a ride from Lauderdale to Ft. Pierce if anyone from this area is going up just for the day? I don't drink but I'm a pretty fair liar...
RT, I'm very sorry you didn't make it up, over, here..... I mean there. We could have used you as the color commentator for the trawler races and a more impartial judge at the [STRIKE]barmaid wet tee shirt contest[/STRIKE]. Scratch that; that never happened.

Ted

TF SE Florida Gathering is in the books

Great gathering, guys. The wrap up will have to wait until I can get a WIFI connection fast enough to upload photos. The pictures are being run by the censors now. Until then the suspense will linger like a thick fog in the air.

Thank you so much Don...I can only say I wish we had more participants...but it was as good or better than expected!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!

Lol, just remember Don, I have the originals....

It was a great few days, we got the land yacht on plane coming back and were back onboard for a late lunch. Now we have to work out how to convince Baker to hold one in Texas and Larry to do one in SW Florida. That would be the ultimate, perpetual mini loop!

OMG how did I miss this.... Larry! Don!...

Too bad, Capt. Jack. You were expected and missed. As you are the only one that can control Larry, you were needed. I had you slated to be the short bus driver.

Great gathering, guys. The wrap up will have to wait until I can get a WIFI connection fast enough to upload photos. The pictures are being run by the censors now. Until then the suspense will linger like a thick fog in the air.

At least one photo was leaked to the local paper, featuring a visit from the Debaucherita Biker Gang.

Attachments

• don's blonds.jpg
    don's blonds.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 112
The stories have grown to this point in a day or two. It will really be interesting to see where they've gone in a few months.

Good bye, Hobo. Here's hoping we meet again.

img_416308_0_0002fc8527b18aa77a8c144a16d88056.jpg

These are the only pictures released by the censorship committee, so far...

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0815.jpg
    IMG_0815.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 202
  • untitled (5).png
    untitled (5).png
    79.7 KB · Views: 371
All kidding aside, it was a great time. A special thanks to Don for keeping the idea alive to the point we were actually able to pull it off. I had no idea he had experience herding cats.

Also, in addition to the "old geezers'" who attended, we were fortunate to be graced by the company of Lou, Michelle, Marjorie and Lena. And we can't forget the mascots, Shorty, Troy and Morgan.

See everyone next year!

The second batch of photos of the TF Gathering in Fort Pierce FL have been released by the censors.

This is Ted (OCdiver) winning the drawing for the ladies jacket while the ladies look on. We can't see the expressions on their faces. Probably a good thing.

David (DWHatty) was looking on. He won second prize for farthest away (Maine) which was a drink from Moonstruck's private stock of Tennessee sipping whiskey.

img_417147_0_453ca2df5d82cc5a7a8af50fd61f0b8b.jpg

This is Blue (Dimer2) presenting on right Don (Moonstruck) a bottle of Chartreuse. Of course we wouldn't think of dinner without an aperitif. (We had to take the bottle away from Lou.)

img_417147_1_1c884c3085015dcfabc41bf8a5f1f967.jpg

Two other guys that shall remain nameless are trying to photo bomb the picture. Anyway, I think the teak looks nice.:blush:

More to follow as released.

Last edited:
Blue (Dimer2), Scott (PSNeeld), Larry (LarryM), and Gerhard (German Cruiser) getting ready to attack the food truck line. Larry and Gerhard look like they have already picked out their target.

img_417161_0_040a0cb6b387b2a800b690ce7ff9d4dc.jpg

Don and Lou from Moonstruck with Lena and Morgan on Hobo.

img_417161_1_e0038a6413a8a568b5465481c02b5730.jpg

Shorty from Dimer2

img_417161_2_30de05e137fe89a6effab89f37e47e65.jpg

It's great to see what you guys really look like. Blue, I had you all wrong! If it helps, I'm very relieved!

Photobomber Guess: OCD on the right and I'm guessing Psneeld on the left.

Is that in the cockpit of Moonstruck? She looks absolutely voluminous compared to my cockpit. I hope you demonstrated your retracting cockpit cover. That thing's the bomb. (I'm secretly working on a manual, cheap SOB alternative!)

I'm really sorry that I didn't fork out the bucks for a flight and hotel room! It would have been so great to meet all you guys. Maybe it's the Cheap SOB Regret Syndrome (CSRS) setting in...

Pole dancing on Slow Hand.

img_417175_0_e1ee250cf7ff4034488e64713745074e.jpg

Blue (Dimer2) and David (DWHatty) finalist in the most obnoxious kibitzer contest kibitzing Ted (OCdiver) on how he can make his boat look good.

img_417175_1_39c74aa8c91edc7538c6061894f995f1.jpg

Lunch at Harbor Cove Bar & Grill at Harbor Town Marina where we toured Gerhard's nice Garden designed cruiser.

img_417175_2_878124b54e6a6885ccd47230d92b2776.jpg

Last edited:
Troy from Moonstruck

img_417178_0_04bc4c8d3fb232dd3f8706daea7b192c.jpg

Ted (OCdiver) wondering how he got mixed up in this, and if it will be on his permanent record.

img_417178_1_8ff76272d5876c5ea41292d48f1747ef.jpg

hmmmm, what COULD Ted do to make his boat look better. Please post suggestions on this thread. Thank you.

img_417178_2_d45608ab70b0ef3b86573958cb89c3ed.jpg

Last edited:
It's great to see what you guys really look like. Blue, I had you all wrong! If it helps, I'm very relieved!

Photobomber Guess: OCD on the right and I'm guessing Psneeld on the left.

Is that in the cockpit of Moonstruck? She looks absolutely voluminous compared to my cockpit. I hope you demonstrated your retracting cockpit cover. That thing's the bomb. (I'm secretly working on a manual, cheap SOB alternative!)

I'm really sorry that I didn't fork out the bucks for a flight and hotel room! It would have been so great to meet all you guys. Maybe it's the Cheap SOB Regret Syndrome (CSRS) setting in...

Yeah Al, it is in Moonstruck's cockpit. I did TRY to demonstrate the cockpit cover. It went out over them, and they didn't notice it.:banghead: When you are my age you try to use what you have. It's a bummer when they don't even notice. Those were pretty good gueses.

Maybe you can get out for next year when we will be looking for a bigger crowd. LarryM says he and Lena will be back.

We did take the gang up to Marine Connection Liquidators. They spent an afternoon going through the place. Blue spent a not too small fortune there. He was like a kid in a candy store. If anyone has pictures from there maybe they will post them.

Somehow Blue's better half did not get in the pictures. Michelle took most of the posted pictures, but managed to stay out of them. We'll not let that happen again.

We had some excused absences, and some unexcused absences. However, if they come next year they will be forgiven.

Really, it is great to meet the people behind the writing. I recommend it for other areas.

Last edited:
Ted (OCdiver) wondering how he got mixed up in this, and if it will be on his permanent record.

img_417187_0_8ff76272d5876c5ea41292d48f1747ef.jpg

Nah, that's my, "first beer was really good, should I have another " pondering look. One never knows what the evening will bring. Have to pace yourself.

Ted

Greeting,
Mr. M. Hmmmm....The more evidence you post the more fearful I become...The Admiral is feeling much improved but she was much too ill to be doing anything last week.

Greeting,
Mr. M. Hmmmm....The more evidence you post the more fearful I become...The Admiral is feeling much improved but she was much too ill to be doing anything last week.

That would be an excused absence. You will be expected next year.

Nah, that's my, "first beer was really good, should I have another " pondering look. One never knows what the evening will bring. Have to pace yourself.

Ted

I bet we all know the answer to that question.

John, (RiverTrader) was an early attendee. I thought he was coming back on Monday, but phoned from Charleston on his way home. So sorry the time didn't work out, John. By the way John is a hell of a photographer. Lou is a fledgling photographer, and John left a book to help her along. Oh yeah, thanks for the T shirt, John. Maybe next year. You can be our official photographer (with proper discretion of course).

I heard from Dave Frye aboard Frydaze who just happened to be docked in Ft. Myers when Ted drove by in Slow Hand In route to his slip. He said the pictures of Slow Hand can't do justice and that he was so mesmerized by the experience that he forgot to take a picture.

Larry, Slow Hand looks that damned good. Now, don't go and tell Ted I said that. I still think his boat and dinghy relationship is unimaginative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom