Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
65' steel vessel with "Approximately 4500 mile range at full throttle" (not that one would want to...)

Dock Street Brokers ::

Attachments

• Steel vessel.jpg
    Steel vessel.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
65' steel vessel with "Approximately 4500 mile range at full throttle" (not that one would want to...)

Dock Street Brokers ::

6,200 gals -: 4500 miles = 0.73 mpg (1.377 gal per mi) at 10 knots hull speed. = 450 hrs travel = 18.75 24/7 days. Not too shabby... just think of the range if only traveling at 6 to 8 knots.

Just use plenty of Clorox on fish tanks before departure! :D

Yeah, the Queen. I circled her twice while she was waiting for a bridge opening on the ICW and collected about a dozen photos from every angle before dropping my camera into the water.

Egad...hope they never have to put that bowsprit / anchor pulpit to any kind of test :eek:

Taconite is gorgeous. Watching her dock using those direct reversing engines is a treat. Just watching her steam by, blowing smoke rings, is also a treat.
I hope he finds a buyer willing to keep her in BC. Would be sad to lose her.

I'd dearly love to take the attributes of the Queen and shrink it to a manageable, workable size for my own cruising. Of course, there would still be the bright-work, but what a looker it would be, minus the bowsprit.

Last edited:
I'd dearly love to take the attributes of the Queen and shrink it to a manageable, workable size for my own cruising. Of course, there would still be the bright-work, but what a looker it would be, minus the bowsprit.

OMG... nice work... but why lose the mast?

Attachments

• CIMG1209.jpg
    CIMG1209.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 83
OMG... nice work... but why lose the mast?

Well, OK, yeah, but my coastal cruising would include a lot of low clearance bridges, etc.. I'd love the look but not the inconvenience.

Can'g get a fine photo of this Monk to print... follow the link...

1918 Monk Bridgedeck - $20000 (Port Hadlock, Washongton)

1918 Monk Bridgedeck

Can'g get a fine photo of this Monk to print... follow the link...

1918 Monk Bridgedeck - $20000 (Port Hadlock, Washongton)

1918 Monk Bridgedeck

What great lines! In my younger days I'd dream of owning something like that. But I'm wiser now and know what a wooden boat of that vintage means. I think the last line in the ad says it all:
Boat is in surprisingly good condition for what it is and its age!

I do hope she finds a good home with an owner energetic enough, rich enough or foolish enough to keep her in good condition.

Puget Sound Navy Yard was the epicenter of a 3.4 quake this morning. I had to look up the location, and there it is twice in one day.

Keith

That boat is a few slips down from where we will be mooring The Promise. Saw her last weekend. It's a lot of boat for the money.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 322
Reactions: Art
Narrow windows anybody? Saw this when cruising around in the dinghy this afternoon.

20160220_161308.jpg

Ted

the ouch part is that after spending $800k updating it, they still moved on to another boat. I guess $800k is cost of doing business...

Not quite sure how you can spend that much on a vessel like that without the yard quadrupling every single labor hour and tripling retail cost on every item.

the ouch part is that after spending $800k updating it, they still moved on to another boat. I guess $800k is cost of doing business...

Can't you basically buy a brand new Nordy or Krogen for $800k? What owner would honestly invest that much money into a boat that size? I wonder how accurate or honest a lot of these boat brokers are, or if they proof read the specs they print which are coming out of seller's mouths.

...or the price of making ego rather than logic driven choices.

Her sellers spent over $800,000 on a complete refit of Sun Drum, under Steve D'Antonio's professional supervision, to make her the incredible vessel she is now. Her transformation is over the top in detail and expense...

$$Cha-Ching!$$

I read the brochure and the $800K figure is mentioned multiple times. The oddity is that for all that money, he left the original Lehmans in and without even a rebuild. Although they do list them at 1302 hours. For a 1986 boat, that is about 45 hours per year. Kind of hard to believe. Why spend that kind of money when there is not a snowball's chance in Miami of ever getting even 1/4 of it back?

Back
Top Bottom