What's everybody doing ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
We chillin on William . Warm weekend here for Feb .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 251
Cruising down the Okeechobee waterway. Hanging with aTF member tonight.

Ted

Tucked in behind Wassau Island, ga. at anchor. Chilly.

Left Stuart this morning. Tied up tonight in Sebastian.

Listening to the 30 degree wind blow from inside my dirt castle.

We're cleaning up and loading up. We're headed down the ditch March 1st! First ride on the icw so everyone is excited. Lots to do!

Just got back from the music walk in Downtown Fort Myers and now reading Trawler Forum

Chillin in AZ. Just got home from our favorite sports bar that serves the best Cod in an all-you-can-eat special on Friday nights.

We fly to WA on Thursday. I can't wait to get back to the boat to see how they're doing with the electrical repairs.

Wifey B: Laying in bed on the boat in the Virgin Islands. :) After midnight so time to go to sleep.

anchored here in Offatts Bayou, Galveston, on our good friends boat. Nice. Cheers y'all

image.jpg

I'm having a Maretron Fuel Management system installed. It will display:
fuel capacity, burn rate for each engine, total fuel used, total fuel left, time to empty, distance to empty & just about any other fuel related info you might want to know.:blush:

Delivering a Targa 32 from Helsinki (Finland) to Stockholm (Sweden) = Cold, brr.

Dirt home chores after a week of weather. Heading out Tues-Fri chasing sturgeon in our local waters. Expecting bluebird skies, high 60s-low 70s and slight breezes.

Inside watching the soccer because it's 25º inside with aircon and 33ºC outside, and has been mid to high 30s all week - for nearly the last fortnight in fact - ( i.e. for you folk who still use the old units 35ºC = 95ºF), but the sea very lumpy with strong winds because of 2 cyclones nearby in the Pacific near Fiji and Vanuatu. Not nice out there at present. One surfer killed on the Gold Coast Surfer's Paradise beach already by being dumped. Many beaches closed. This is meant to be summer here, right? I'm looking forward to Autumn (most of you would call it Fall).

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/fiji-braces-for-severe-tropical-cyclone-winston/news-story/43c5189a3c558343971f4dd4dee9ab45

Last edited:
Just docked. Had a pleasant few days out on the bay in several anchorages, swimming multiple times each day. Strong SE about to kick in for a number of days so time to be back in the marina.

Caught up with Mark and Christine on their N62 for drinks one evening. They are about to cross the ditch (Brisbane to Auckland, 1200nm) when the weather has settled enough.

I'm having a Maretron Fuel Management system installed. It will display:
fuel capacity, burn rate for each engine, total fuel used, total fuel left, time to empty, distance to empty & just about any other fuel related info you might want to know.:blush:

Wow - This what you're getting installed... seems very cool. Looking forward to hear reports on how well this performs and you like it.

N2KView - Great Videos

Maretron | N2KView

How are you liking the new boat?

So far, we are having a blast. Got a bit breezy yesterday which made docking in our very tight transient slip a challenge. But we managed without hitting anything.
Only issue was the steering was not as responsive as I would have liked, so I kept overadjusting. Looked at the system last night and found the PSI At 18 instead of between 30-40. Going back into the lazarette in a minute to see if I can get that to where it should be.

BandB. No snow, no ice, very calm seas 8-9hours at + 25 kts auto pilot, pack of stinkies and two beers at arrival - easypeasey. Next trip will be from St. Petersburg, Putinland, w. a Targa 44 twin 435 Volvo´s IPS- really looking forward to it. Will go there a few days in advance to check out this magnificient city and Borstj (Red beet soup)+ Vodka. :)

Very much enjoying the beginning of spring-like weather here in Utah - most of the snow in our yard has melted in the last few days. But it's getting me antsy to be on the water. Unfortunately that will have to wait until the kid's school is over at end of May, when we can hit the road northward. But it's getting warm enough inside the "boathouse" I can start spring tinkering - Yay!

Back home in Anacortes, enjoying the cloudy, gray, rainy skies and washing my underwear. This after experiencing the horrific weather in Hallendale, Florida last Tuesday (day after Yachts Miami Beach Show closed). We were staying with friends on the beach (25th floor condo) and deck furniture from above was raining down due to the high winds and reported tornadoes in the area. All four of us got simultaneous tornado warning alarms on our iPhones. Much prefer the more benign conditions here at home.

A quiet weekend with chores - including fixing some problems I found on my trip last weekend. That's the problem with actually using your boat!

Richard

Back home in Anacortes, enjoying the cloudy, gray, rainy skies and washing my underwear. This after experiencing the horrific weather in Hallendale, Florida last Tuesday (day after Yachts Miami Beach Show closed). We were staying with friends on the beach (25th floor condo) and deck furniture from above was raining down due to the high winds and reported tornadoes in the area. All four of us got simultaneous tornado warning alarms on our iPhones. Much prefer the more benign conditions here at home.

Tornadoes on the SE coast of FL are extremely unusual. We weren't home, but got full reports. A couple of boats in Lake Sylvia flipped. Power knocked out in areas of Pompano. Really been strange weather. Not sorry we missed it. It didn't really hit our home. Some wind but not that much worse than we see at other times. Yet the tornado areas weren't far from us at all.

Dirt home chores after a week of weather. Heading out Tues-Fri chasing sturgeon in our local waters. Expecting bluebird skies, high 60s-low 70s and slight breezes.

Attachments

• SF.jpg
    SF.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 90
Waiting for warm enough weather to get my paint job finished and back in the water...

Wifey B: Tennis this morning. Lunch at Mermaid. On the way to Fredericksted to see Fort Frederick, the Estate Whim Museum, the Little La Grange Farm and Museum and the Estate Mount Washington Plantation. 72 degrees now, high today 82. :D

Finishing up big changes to Ebbtide. Photos soon. I love having a boat house!

Back
Top Bottom