Pittsburg, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkeye

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Happy Clown
Vessel Make
Heritage 45 Europa
Diesel at $2.69, no discount (for me at 200 gals.)

Good news. Am looking to make a two-day outing to pick up fuel in Pittsburg sometime in the next weeks.

Please learn to spell the city's name correctly. There is no "h". You're not in Pennsylvania!

I fixed it for you, Ted. Just another free service from your friendly Site Team!

I'll be heading there, too, Mark. I'll be out fishing next week and will slide over to Pittsburg when my arms get tired. I walked by and checked out the Coot today on my way to check Ray's boat after the blow. Lookin' good!

Thanks, Al!

You guys aren't very cleaver...I have about 200 gallons of diesel in unsecured 55-gallon drums on my aft deck...

Why does this work this

Two months ago I bought 400 gallons as a hedge against what I was sure the lowest prices we would see ever again , I think I paid about a buck a gallon more than current prices. Pittsburg prices are always good as they pool fuel purchases with the city and pass it on to the marina.

Steve, let me know the next time you buy fuel. I'll try to avoid it!

Ray, I was at your boat today. What drums of fuel?

Steve, let me know the next time you buy fuel. I'll try to avoid it!

I guess you are clever! Did you share any with Mark? ...hope you guys have good water separators! Lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously, they're looking good there on the aft deck. Good thing they're tarped or they'd be sitting with water filled tops.

I added a few gallons from the pumps in Vallejo today at $3.099/gal. I needed just enough to get me through some fishing, then on to Pittsburg next week. Got it done early before the winds kicked up and the storm moved through.

Last edited:

Observed them last week when returning the Coot to berth.

Come to think of it, it would have been easy to siphon fuel by tying up to Mahalo Moi's stern.

Last edited:
It's amazing the difference from state to state. A week ago I paid $1.38 in Seattle, plus sales tax, so about $1.45 when all was said and done. And that's after it went up $0.13 from a week before that.

I called Pittsburg today to confirm adequate supplies for next week. Now they're at $2.59/US Gal. I wish I could find it a buck less per gallon!

Sometimes I think Ca gets the shaft

I think we get punished for our environmental policies and the states liberal politics. How can you buy fuel in states like Idaho and Montana with very little refining cheaper than California where we have lots of refineries and plenty of production.

Scary-the fact is that CA and the West Coast does not have adequate refining capacity. Plus, the oil companies have been accused of manipulating refinery downtime to affect prices in their favor. I think there is a case pending in CA on that very issue right now. Gas is pretty consistently $1+ higher on the West Coast than on the East.

When we get home to Fort Lauderdale it will be $1.70 a gallon and we may get a slight discount from that. We paid $3.50 a gallon however yesterday in the USVI.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom