Spectator Sports

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I am a fan of: (choose all you want)

• Football-American or Canadian football

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Soccer-Football elsewhere

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Basketball

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Baseball

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Golf

• Tennis

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Ice Hockey

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Racing-Auto or Motorcycle or Horse

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Track and field and/or cycling

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Other including Wrestling, Boxing, Mixed whatever, beach volleyball...you name it.

• Total voters
'Other' for me, but mostly because the best sports are not on the list: Australian Rules Football and cricket.

I do watch tennis, the Open's anyway. I prefer being there though. Melbourne does it really well and I'd like to go to the French, Wimbledon and US Open at some point as well.

I also watch a fair bit of Alpine Skiing on Europsport channel - while on the boat! Timing works well for evening viewing.

Some professional football and ACC basketball. No professional basketball; it is in the same category as professional wrestling only they are paid more.

bilge53 said:
professional wrestling only they are paid more.
Not having ever watched basketball, I'm serious when I ask, is that a widely felt feeling? You feel it's all laid out beforehand?

As for what I do watch; Olympic swimming because my boys were competitive swimmers and I don't think I still get pumped watching an IM.
Speed skating too.

If Vancouver had any pro sports teams, I might get into that at playoffs.:lol:

Purely my opinion but the college level athletes are really talented and the refereeing is tighter. Pro basketball is a bunch of bulked up college players that have a skill set and if a move looks nice the ref's overlook flagrant fouls. Pro wrestling...the winners get acknowledged based on acting ability.

IMHO

How about "not interested enough to look at the poll"?

I seem to be a bit of an outlier here. I love College Football, though mostly my Alma Mater (go 'noles) and seldom miss a game (mostly on TV). But I couldn't care less about the NFL or any other professional sport.

My HS Junior son is a competitive miler at a very high level, and is working toward running in college. I, of course, follow him and his team very closely. My Middle School son plays travel soccer, I have developed some appreciation for that sport as well.

One of my favorite things to do is to go down to the boat on a saturday to watch a game on TV aboard. It's the only time we turn the boat TV on.

If Vancouver had any pro sports teams, I might get into that at playoffs.:lol:

The Canucks. Not a playoff team though at the moment. They briefly had the Grizzlies. That was not an issue with Vancouver though, just very lame ownership and management.

The Canucks. Not a playoff team though at the moment. They briefly had the Grizzlies. That was not an issue with Vancouver though, just very lame ownership and management.
I surely do enjoy a crazy sense of humour.
Thanks.

Football is about the only sport we ever watch, and professional football is the one we watch. No college ball.

Neither of us watches much TV. GW watches her cooking channels and the "Flip this house" or whatever it's called. For me, it's local news and football.

Other than that I'm reading or putzing around in the yard or on the boat.

I surely do enjoy a crazy sense of humour.
Thanks.

The Grizzlies are one of those too where a team moves, keeps the name, and it makes no sense. The worst example is the Utah Jazz, having moved from New Orleans. Then the Hornets went from Charlotte to New Orleans, kept the name so the new Charlotte team was the Bobcats (owner's name was Bob). But now New Orleans is the Pelicans (boy talk about an intimidating team name..not) and Charlotte has the Hornets name back. Meanwhile the Jazz still in Utah. Can you imagine a less Jazzy place than Salt Lake City?

Of course the Los Angeles Lakers, where the name came from being in Minneapolis, the land of a thousand lakes or something.

The Phoenix Cardinals came from St. Louis. Not many Cardinals in Phoenix.

Sorry to mention a hockey team. Too bad the days where all the best hockey teams were in Canada is long gone. Now in places like Florida and Dallas and Los Angeles. Sadly, not a single Canadian team right now in the top four in their division.

BandB said:
Sadly, not a single Canadian team right now in the top four in their division.
I am no sports fan so could be easily challenged here but, divisions are meaningless. Always amused me how much emphasis the Canucks put on being at or near the top of their (mill league) division. Now they are wiping out the (band wagon) fan base altogether.

My daughter and I are fans of college football, specifically the Washington Huskies, we live within a mile of the stadium, "The Best Venue inn College Sports>!

However, we generally take the boat and anchor out the night before and enjoy the boating camaraderie of fellow Husky fans, the school runs a water taxi to the dock right beside the stadium.

Here is a shot on Gameday.

Attachments

• Husky Stadium.jpg
    Husky Stadium.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 40
My daughter and I are fans of college football, specifically the Washington Huskies, we live within a mile of the stadium, "The Best Venue inn College Sports>!

However, we generally take the boat and anchor out the night before and enjoy the boating camaraderie of fellow Husky fans, the school runs a water taxi to the dock right beside the stadium.

The University of Tennessee has a huge number of fans who come to Knoxville by boat to see their games.

Mr B-UT is the only other school where you can do it. But it does not compare to Husky Stadium in that regard. The Tennessee Rive cannot compare to Lake Washington and Mt. Rainier in the background. It is really a fun and unique experience.

Mr B-UT is the only other school where you can do it. But it does not compare to Husky Stadium in that regard. The Tennessee Rive cannot compare to Lake Washington and Mt. Rainier in the background. It is really a fun and unique experience.

Let's just say both are fun experiences. I'm sure those who navigate hundreds of miles of the TN River for the games might have a differing opinion. We've actually seen Husky Stadium from the water. We however do think of the TN River as beautiful.

If I remember correctly, Rutgers stadium is right along the Raritan River....:D

THD,
I spent lots of time hang'in out down there in paddle boats .. in the 50's. Took all the girls down the channels in the cat tails at night. Wer'nt supposed to do that but the old guy running the canoe house didn't seem to mind. Is there still a launch spot on the other side behind the meusem?
But now you can tell me what the bottom is like just east of the stadium. Do you think I'd get my anchor back if I anchored there? Or is it even lawfull? Want to lock through and overnight there. Get a taste of city boating.

Both of us are big time rugby (union) fans. We did go and watch the Super bowl but that was more for the party than the game. OK, I admit, I watch the Americas cup although I have no idea why they call it that :)

Back
Top Bottom