Spectator Sports

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I am a fan of: (choose all you want)

• Football-American or Canadian football

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Soccer-Football elsewhere

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Basketball

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Baseball

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Golf

• Tennis

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Ice Hockey

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Racing-Auto or Motorcycle or Horse

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Track and field and/or cycling

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Other including Wrestling, Boxing, Mixed whatever, beach volleyball...you name it.

• Total voters

BandB

Guru
Wifey B: Ok, it's a given that we all like boating. Also, that a very high percentage here like fishing. Now, I've noticed most serious boaters don't seem to really care about spectator sports on television or otherwise. They may care about their local team but not serious fans...fans, as in fanatics.

So, here it is...got another learn more kind of poll coming up too.

You didn't have "not interested at all"

so far I am glad to see the American hero isn't found on TV much.....

+1

I'm into participant activities not spectator sports. Too young to be a couch potato every weekend.

Ted

You left off the "Boat Ramp follies" watching others launch their boats..

Someone asked me who I thought was going to win the superbowl. I said one of the teams playing is most likely to win. They couldn't fathom that I didn't know who was playing. Don't care. A nap would be far more rewarding. Or a good boat building video, or a Fleming cruising video, far better than a hyped game with over commercialized TV.

Wifey B: Going much as I thought it would. Well, except I didn't put a not interested in any of it choice.

We prefer participant sports and activities and play tennis and basketball and sometimes golf but I really suck at it. We don't watch sports in lieu of activities though, just fit them in quiet times like tonight.

I think to get a meaningful result you'll have to redo this survey. I'm in the "none" category too - and that's not the same as "other."

Richard

My boat and fellow boat people, fishing, woodworking and hiking. I'd rather sit on a stump in the middle of a forest than waste my time watching any of those activities. I like to use my own mind and hands. Ben

zowie...guess those educational channels are just conspiracy fluff.....

No kidding. Who gives a hoot. I have things to do other than vegging on a couch vicariously living through overpaid class less individuals, or collective organizations "fostering community" through ill conceived and misleading methods to foster their THEIR collective pockets....

Nope, not playing. (pun intended)

Rant over, back to my project. :D

Eh, did we answer your question?......

Winters are long... The World Series is the only baseball I watch, boxing comes free on Saturday sometimes, football free on Sunday "in the winter". Just a little more fun than watching paint dry... Boating here sadly is a May to August enterprise.

I'm a moderately interested spectator at best, mostly in support of my alma mater, or my kids' schools.

I go to a few college football games a year, but on a 75 degree Saturday in October or November, a football game seems like a tragic waste of a good boating (or fishing) day...

Of course, I have the same thoughts about June weddings. If I were emperor, all weddings would be in February.

I think to get a meaningful result you'll have to redo this survey. I'm in the "none" category too - and that's not the same as "other."

Richard

Wifey B: I realize that. You are correct and other is just the closest to none that I offered. Pollster did a poor job.

I'm a moderately interested spectator at best, mostly in support of my alma mater, or my kids' schools.

I go to a few college football games a year, but on a 75 degree Saturday in October or November, a football game seems like a tragic waste of a good boating (or fishing) day...

Of course, I have the same thoughts about June weddings. If I were emperor, all weddings would be in February.

Wifey B: Oops....ours was in June. However, it was in Vegas and we only had three guests so no problem.

We don't see much daytime football. We do watch the night games.

That tells you why I don't have TV.
Yup.
I've got a HDTV antenna for OTA in case I need some local news after the 9.6 hits.

Cable and internet where I am is double what it was in Vancouver.
I lose nothing, the cable guy does.

Don't watch any sports on TV nor do I follow any teams. Professional sports could disappear and it would not affect me.

Pro sports agree+1, college I have some interest, but with the Lou Saban mega bucks deals, it's getting much harder. It's all pretty much a scam.

I only watch one sport on a regular basis.

Australian Rules Football.

Other versions of football don't do anything for me.

I checked other. Really not a general fan, but since a grandson is playing SEC football had to get into that. We support the grand kids in whatever they do.

Back
Top Bottom