Lessons Learned Building a Semi-Custom Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have also done some pretty impressive long range cruising in their Nordy, most recently Cape Town to Barbados via St Helena (something over 3000nm without layover). I'm a big fan of their blog and recommend it, especially for people interested in the more technical/logistical side of long range cruising.

They do have a nice blog, and I hope Jennifer's recent injury heals quickly!

We've been following them for 4 years now. Yes, an impressive blog...what you'd expect from an Amazon Exec and a programmer from Microsoft. This was interesting:

From Dirona...
"2/13/2016: We use Google My Tracks to generate the turquoise personal tracks on our web site. Google has recently announced that they will end support for the app (My Tracks no longer available after April 30, 2016). There is an amazing variety of alternative solutions out there, but it's amazing how many are poorly executed upon, don't allow exporting tracks, have tracks with large GPS errors not filtered out, or simply just have too many other features we really don't want. Jennifer got tired of me complaining about still not having found an alternative that I liked better than My Tracks so she got the open source to Google MyTracks and built MvDirona My Tracks. It's GREAT."

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom