TF Southeast Florida Gathering?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don, we will not be able to make it. We are a little out of sync on our trip south.heading to the keys in April on the boat and have other commitment now so we need to pass. Wish we could be there....

Greetings,
Still don't have any contact phone #'s for anyone. I would suggest a PM so you don't have carpet cleaning services calling you at 01:00 hrs.

Greetings,
Still don't have any contact phone #'s for anyone. I would suggest a PM so you don't have carpet cleaning services calling you at 01:00 hrs.

PM sent. If anyone else needs contact info or gets lost send me a PM.

The weather's looking better for Tuesday with a high of 80 and partly cloudy. :dance:

For the grand prize for coming the longest way on his own boat-----Alaska! Our own Site Team member Larry M. Here he is on the back deck of Hobo holding up his trophy. (ir never hurts to do a little sucking up to the moderators)

img_414289_0_22c2b37c0d9135c580a37e1e6f55fbbc.jpg

So, come one and come all to join in.
Something wrong with the picture on that shirt. I know, no transom molesting dinghy. :rolleyes:

Ted

Alrighty, look out ya'll. Just got confirmation that Michelle and I will be able to attend!

Be there Tuesday afternoon. Looking forward to it!! :popcorn:Dang I thought that smiley was beer not popcorn.

Blue and Michelle

Looks like I'll be heading over to the TF Rendezvous by car on Mon aft or Tue AM, the coming back through Stuart and two more marine Salvage shops on Thur. Also sent Dwatty Dave, SiestaKey and Offduty a PM. I'll be staying aboard in the City Marina.

Hey Larry, glad to hear that you can make it. Tuesday is probably shaping up to be the best day. That's the day of the big kibitzing contest to see who can be the most obnoxious kibitzer. You won't want to miss that. We will also have lesser events such as the food truck invasion.:D

Hope you bring a crowd with you.

Alrighty, look out ya'll. Just got confirmation that Michelle and I will be able to attend!

Be there Tuesday afternoon. Looking forward to it!! :popcorn:Dang I thought that smiley was beer not popcorn.

Blue and Michelle

Great news, Blue and Michelle. We are looking forward to you and Larry M in a game of moderator trivia. We want to hear the real skinny on what goes on behind the curtains of Modland.

Great news, Blue and Michelle. We are looking forward to you and Larry M in a game of moderator trivia. We want to hear the real skinny on what goes on behind the curtains of Modland.

Don, we will have Larry explain, that way we can both find out. :)

Greetings,
Mr. Moon. "...behind the curtains of Modland." Um, I think that's pretty obvious. There's this:
giphy.gif

This...

giphy.gif

and this...

giphy.gif

and this...

giphy.gif

Capt. Ted and Slow Hand have arrived at Fort Pierce City Marina.

img_415090_0_d45608ab70b0ef3b86573958cb89c3ed.jpg

The cold beer is in the cooler at B Dock Slip 46. Let the festivities begin.:dance:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let the festivities begin? First it was to be Wednesday. Then you said Tuesday was to be better, so I changed my car rental dates. Now it's starting Monday? I'm already into evening cocktails and shouldn't drive. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Let the festivities begin? First it was to be Wednesday. Then you said Tuesday was to be better, so I changed my car rental dates. Now it's starting Monday? I'm already into evening cocktails and shouldn't drive. :(

Don't worry, we hardly put a dent in Don's beer. Rumor has it, he's saving the best for Tuesday along with sunny skies.

I hear Don is swilling so much beer he needs to wear a slicker. Borrowed one at that :D

Greetings,
Next thing you know, it was yesterday and that'll be the line "Ya shoulda been here yesterday!" Things aren't looking too good from this end. Admiral is running a fever. Gee, what're y'all goin to do without my scintillating conversation and rapier wit?

giphy.gif

Talking behind your back...what else? :D

Better than a high school reunion. :thumb:

The best part is making up all kinds of stuff about TF members and making it true....:eek:

Greetings,
Good to know I'm loved. As an alternative, can I bum a ride from Lauderdale to Ft. Pierce if anyone from this area is going up just for the day? I don't drink but I'm a pretty fair liar...

I don't drink but I'm a pretty fair liar...

Wifey B: Oooops....then do we believe the first half of the sentence when the second half says you're a good liar?

Do you play poker? Something just tells me you'd be hard to figure out.

Greetings,
Ms. WB. "Something just tells me you'd be hard to figure out." You sound just like my wife...And nope, not lying about the drinking.

Prohibition.jpg

RT, fear not, I will pick up the slack! I will be on vacation while being on vacation..... is that even possible?

The suns shining with a predicted high of 81 today in Fort Pierce. After the rain we had last night and this morning, we should be good for a few days.

Let the games begin. :dance:

Sounds like a fun group of folks coming into Ft. Pierce for the Geezer Gathering. Have fun, keep notes and take lots of pictures!

Wishin' I was there!

Well the Trawler Forum gathering is over, and frankly a bit of a relief. Not sure I could take another day of drinking and boat parties. The marina was very smart to give the group their own dock with a locked gate. Really wasn't prepared for the skinny dipping and pole dancing (is it pole or piling dancing when the ladies gyrating around a floating dock piling while getting less clothed). Would like to thank Don Moonstruck for providing the open bar. The four kegs on tap was truly a smart move, less empty bottles and cans to deal with. Would also like to thank the forum owners for the Hawaiian pig roast last night. Still can't believe the marina allowed a barbecue pit with the pig on a spit on the floating dock, an amazing site!

It's very enlightening what you can learn from an intoxicated moderator. Larry told me........................................................................ I can't believe they're going to do that to him!

Sorry some of you weren't able to make it. Just to clear up the CNN report, nobody was changed on Tuesday night with regard to the trawler racing incident as nobody actually had to spend the night in the hospital. Moonstruck won all 3 races (going to have to handicap next year to make it fair).

Someone will be posting pics (after some serious editing to protect the identity of the barmaids). So that's more or less what happened; I might be off a little on the details. Hope the marina is willing to have us back next year. After all, the Coasties didn't blame the marina for the racing and the fire department prevented the fire from doing any real damage, other than those 3 sailboats. Bet they won't make a crack about Michelle's dog again.

See you all again next year (it will take that long to recover).

Ted

So I guess the solemn oath to secrecy and secret handshake aren't being enforced? :D

I will be leaving Stuart at first light tomorrow (Friday) heading north. Unfortunately Fort Pierce is too close for my first overnight. I need to crack on to get back to Jacksonville on Sunday.

Have fun and be safe.

I'll post a few pics eventually. May have to have Healhustler work them over first.

I'm really sorry I couldn't make it. It was just too soon after the boat show.

I will be stopping in to Ft. Pierce on Tuesday to deliver a Vulcan anchor to a beautiful Krogan Express that is docked at Harbour Isle Marina.

If any of you are still in Ft Pierce you might want to go by and take a look at it.

Back
Top Bottom