In one word, what made you choose your boat.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes!

The boat needs to meet all your other criteria, but the single most important thing is that it needs to make you smile when you look at it. Every time I leave the boat, I stop and look back and think "YES!" If you're considering a boat and it doesn't make you want to turn around for one last look, keep walking.

20160202_155302.jpg

Ted

Function, it could do the job , at an affordable price.

The exceptional construction and long lived 6-71 were a bonus .

A 50 ft boat for 2 folks is not for all

But running the Loop with only oil changes was a delight.

Sex.

If I didn't buy it, I was never going to get any again.

Idiot.
My wife said " If you don't buy this boat, your an idiot"

Yes!

The boat needs to meet all your other criteria, but the single most important thing is that it needs to make you smile when you look at it. Every time I leave the boat, I stop and look back and think "YES!" If you're considering a boat and it doesn't make you want to turn around for one last look, keep walking.

Ted

Ted - That snap shot is just toooo cute. IMHO, that photo should become your avatar! - Art :D

Space!

For cruising and fishing! With our two kids and still room to host another family, as well as fish all the way around the boat - perfect.

Bess

"Uh-oh"

first look and I knew this one would push me past 20 years of 'waiting'

Size.

Ah, that was a good day. Beautiful sunny fall day in New England, October. After our good old Carver 32, the Mainship felt huge. Big, clean, smelled nice, all stairs and no ladders, a mile of headroom, and lots of power like the Queen Mary. That feeling of being master of the universe when I gently ease that giant fiberglass tennis shoe out of the slip. Yes, that was a good day.

The admiral said make an offer!
c905ef9188f6dac77bdf4ece6a0a091c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Limitless.

As in limitless possibilities. Everything from a comfortable home to a circumnavigator.

The Admiral said make an offer!

Yes!

Ted

Yes! That's it Ted! I was going to say "Everything" but "Yes" would be the first word. Every other boat was "this could work", or "this will do."

So it would be:

"Yes! She's "Everything" we wanted but more than we needed."

After that it would be what everyone else has said above and below.

Jim
Sent from my iPad using Trawler Forum

Last edited:
Rugged quality, functionality, and creature comforts - best I could find in a trailerable boat.

03730009.jpg

Agree with most of the others but I have to say mine is the "Admiral"

Liked one of the MS 34HT's we looked at except for condition - she said "go find a nicer one..."
Done and we both are lovin' it.

Lisa :)

Men buy boats that make them feel manly.

Women buy boats that are comfortable.

Thanks, I'm loving this, please keep going....:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Lisa :)

Men buy boats that make them feel manly.

Women buy boats that are comfortable.

A variation on that theme is "trawler tugs" which walk a tightrope line where men find them hairy chested and women find them cute :thumb:

Fun, adventure, comfort, quality, and the Admiral LOVED it! So far, so good in the Sea of Cortez. It was a big change from our sailboat, but a good one!

Cheers, Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom