Finally Heading South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wifey B: Well, today wore clothes for the Butterfly Farm and shopping at Caribbean Gems and Shopper's Haven. Could listen to your suggestion and try Orient Beach tomorrow. Just can't walk past Pedro's as the gendarmes occasionally cite and detain according to the club, so a bit of a gamble. As a result the nude beach covers a smaller area than it once did. :D

I like nudity at the right times and places. Living in South Florida you get use to very little clothing. Topless at South Beach. Nude at Haulover if you want. Topless or nude at home. So the fact there's a nude beach here just really isn't a big thing. It's just like any other beach other than bikini off. :)

Mr. B is a lucky man!

Ted

Mr. B is a lucky man!

Ted

Wifey B: Innocent, conservative, and successful businessman meets wild young girl who shakes up his world as he never imagined. :D

The other side of the record:

Wild young girl meets the sweetest, kindest, warm man who loves her, respects her, teaches her, and gives her the love she thought she'd never have.

Do you believe in magic? We do.

Wifey B: Innocent, conservative, and successful businessman meets wild young girl who shakes up his world as he never imagined. :D

The other side of the record:

Wild young girl meets the sweetest, kindest, warm man who loves her, respects her, teaches her, and gives her the love she thought she'd never have.

Do you believe in magic? We do.

All the making for a happily ever after.

Ted

........ Weather conditions are very nice here, sunny and less than 10 knots of wind. Pretty calm at Kings Bay Naval Base. No Boomer sightings.

How did you get into Kings Bay? Or were you just passing by?

We went by a few years ago, then anchored behind Cumberland Island and took the dinghy to shore just in time to watch a submarine heading out to sea.

Quote: "Why Mr. RT, I'm truly touched. Maybe you could send Marin a spoonful of your "Good Will Toward Man" (might take more than one ).

O.C. Now that's just plain funny! You made my day!

Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. At least it gets somewhat warmer the further south you go!

Did you get to degausse at Kings Bay?

Greetings,
Mr. OC. I'm sure Mr. Marin can look after himself and don't jump to the conclusion that my belief in karma has anything to do with "good will".

How did you get into Kings Bay? Or were you just passing by?

We went by a few years ago, then anchored behind Cumberland Island and took the dinghy to shore just in time to watch a submarine heading out to sea.

If I told you, then I'd have to kill you. :rolleyes:

Just passed close enough for them to admire my boat and me to snap some pics. Last time by there was one of the big ones out of the building but still in the security area. From a documentary I saw on them, one sub carries more explosive force than all the bombs dropped in WWII. Glad there on my side.

Quote: "Why Mr. RT, I'm truly touched. Maybe you could send Marin a spoonful of your "Good Will Toward Man" (might take more than one ).

O.C. Now that's just plain funny! You made my day!

Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. At least it gets somewhat warmer the further south you go!

Thanks, glad you got a chuckle.

Did you get to degausse at Kings Bay?

Yes, broccoli occasionally does that to me.

Greetings,
Mr. OC. I'm sure Mr. Marin can look after himself and don't jump to the conclusion that my belief in karma has anything to do with "good will".

:)

Another long day. Arrived at one of my favorite anchorages just as the lights were going out. Finally made it to FL. Just above St. Augustine for the night. Here is tonight's show:

20160211_180827.jpg

20160211_181619.jpg

20160211_182924.jpg

Ted

Here are your daily sunrise pics from Ted's private anchorage. They are brought to you by Slow Hand Cruises, Don's Short Bus Tours, and the Florida Department of Tourism.

20160212_063411.jpg

20160212_070904.jpg

20160212_071433.jpg

Ted

We've been on the hard since late October doing some much needed maintenance. Your pics have been a nice reminder of where we'll end up again. Thanks for posting them!

"

Then I came to California and see the Prop 65 warnings everywhere. "contains chemicals known to cause cancer in Californians".

!

Not a problem for me. When I see that warning I make a note not to use the stuff in California. That way no cancer danger.:D

Thanks for sharing Ted. How much farther? How many miles have you traveled so far?

We've been on the hard since late October doing some much needed maintenance. Your pics have been a nice reminder of where we'll end up again. Thanks for posting them!

Glad you're enjoying them.

Thanks for sharing Ted. How much farther? How many miles have you traveled so far?

So far I've traveled 838 nautical miles in 12 days. Left Maryland 15 days ago. Have about 280 miles left to reach Fort Myers.

Some pics I forgot to post. Boatyard at the intersection of the ICW and the St. Johns in Jacksonville. In person, that is one formidable looking navy ship.

20160211_144753.jpg

20160211_144823.jpg

20160211_144902.jpg

Maybe we need a bigger barge.

20160211_151453.jpg

Castillo De San Marcos in St. Augustine, FL

20160212_084619.jpg

Tonight's sunset from Ponce de Leon inlet.

20160212_180222.jpg

20160212_183211.jpg

Ted

Last edited:
Just keep up that pace and in 12 months you'll cover 25,489 nautical miles.

The Navy's latest and greatest(?) new ship design, the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). She looks pretty formidable on the computer screen too!

Didn't want the paragraph police after me, so just posted some pics.

Ted

Well, I'm arresting you anyway, because your ratio of photos to words does not meet the criteria. Don't ask me what the criteria are...but whatever they are...you didn't meet them, sorry. And look what you started. Beautiful photos all over the place, including classified warships, (I'm sure they'd be classified), and nary a damn paragraph in sight ..! :nonono:

Last edited:
Does the LCS's anchor look properly sized fir that ship? I'm sure it is, but it looks small

Just keep up that pace and in 12 months you'll cover 25,489 nautical miles.

Hmmm, I could do the Great Loop 4 times in one year. Think I'll just do it once next year.

The Navy's latest and greatest(?) new ship design, the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS). She looks pretty formidable on the computer screen too!

Yes she did. They had a little USCG rib with twin outboards standing guard and confronting all those who passed by. Kind of reminded me of a bantam rooster trying to be all that. :lol:

Well, I'm arresting you anyway, because your ratio of photos to words does not meet the criteria. Don't ask me what the criteria are...but whatever they are...you didn't meet them, sorry. And look what you started. Beautiful photos all over the place, including classified warships, (I'm sure they'd be classified), and nary a damn paragraph in sight ..! :nonono:

:nonono: Guilty as charged. Hope the moderatorswill show leniency.

Another pretty morning! Short run today to Titusville. Do some boat washing and meet up with a buddy for dinner. Morning sunrise pictures over Ponce de Leon inlet :

20160213_063400.jpg

20160213_063615.jpg

20160213_065040.jpg

This is how little tugs are conceived. :rolleyes: Some shoaling south of my anchorage had them stuck at low tide. Was able to slide between them and the red.

20160213_070020.jpg

Ted

Last edited:
You could have towed them.... Just saying

Does the LCS's anchor look properly sized fir that ship? I'm sure it is, but it looks small

It had an anchor :rolleyes: guess I didn't focus on that part. Not shown well in the picture is the trimaran hull. Combined with the aerodynamic superstructure, it probably has fairly low wind and water resistance. If it were my boat, it would have a bigger anchor. :rolleyes:

Ted

Sunrise heading out of Titusville, FL.

20160214_064931.jpg

NASA Cape Canaveral (launch and landing area for the Space Shuttle program).

20160214_070501.jpg

Ted

WOW! Ted, keep 'er coming. Looks like Fort Pierce by Monday. We'll be waiting.:dance:

I am guessing there is no issue with the LCS having guns on board?

Heading South again. Had three great days in Fort Pierce with TF friends. Time to cast off the lines and head to Stuart, lake Okeechobee, and on to Fort Myers.

Slow Hand at the Fort Pierce City marina

20160216_164136.jpg

Sunrise leaving Fort Pierce this morning

20160218_071426.jpg

Ted

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom